March 28, 2024, 04:05:52 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

glowing text

Started by willingtohelp, April 14, 2010, 09:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willingtohelp

Just because I'm intersted in seeing if this works, I've made a post about glowing text.  If there are any other fun HTML modifications people want to try, perhaps we could post them here.

Test

Test

[glow=yellow,300]Test[/glow]

Test

Test

Test

willingtohelp

Ok, so I can get the different colors, but I have failed at changing the intensity. 

Laila9

Test

oo never noticed this before

Laila9

Yep it is!! Now how do you change the colour I wonder  ???

willingtohelp

Laila9

willingtohelp

When you type the text, you'll see the html commands come up beside it.

Such as

*glow=red,2,300*I want this to glow.*/glow*

where * has been substituted for [. 

Where it says red, replace it with the color. So it would look like this:

*glow=green,2,300*I want this to glow.*/glow*

You should go from

I want this to glow. to I want this to glow.

I've only tried the simple colors (I'm doubting it's been programmed to know what mauve is).  My understanding is that the number beside it corresponds to the intensity of the glow, but when I messed with it, it didn't work.  I'll have to break out my O'Reilly books to see what I need to do to make it bright or dim.  Or if I even remember how to do that correctly at all. 

Laila9

Testing for pink and hoping it works!

willingtohelp

April 14, 2010, 10:05:02 AM #9 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:08:44 AM by clover
Playing with an old song my mom used to sing to me. 

Red and yellow and pink and green,

Orange and purple and blue.

You can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow, too.

willingtohelp

I was wrong, it does recognize more colors that the basics

Testing fuchsia

Testing cyan

Testing aqua

Testing maroon

Testing teal

Testing navy

Testing olive

The name I say I'm testing is what I put in for the color if any of these work.

willingtohelp

April 14, 2010, 10:12:02 AM #11 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:14:34 AM by clover
OK, I have to do it now...

Testing mauve

Testing ocre

Oh well, I guess it defaults to red if it doesn't know the color because I have mauve and ocre typed in.