March 29, 2024, 02:24:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

wHAT HAVE I LEARNED?

Started by cremebrulee, February 09, 2010, 04:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renny97

After days of lugging around your secrets, their secrets and the secrets of everyone you work with, you're tired of this. Tired of the intrigue, tired of being afraid to say anything at all and tired of worrying that you've just slipped and said the wrong thing to the wrong person. Enough. It's not in your nature to be deceptive. Better start passing that information around.

This was my scope for today!!!!! It is so accurate. Something I really do have to learn.

Hope

Quote from: luise.volta on March 02, 2010, 08:33:49 PM
I have learned that "not knowing" is the highest form of intelligence because that leaves room to learn.
Profound, as usual. 
Luise, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. 
Love you and hugs your way - real big ones.  (I hope I'm not squeezing too tight b/c I wouldn't want to hurt you.)
Hope

Hope

Quote from: renny97 on March 03, 2010, 10:51:08 AM
Work is work, but adds distraction and balance.

I have had an ongoing situation at work, where this clique of coworkers think I am unaware of their scam of sabotaging my work area and creating more work. It used to anger me, but I keep thinking they will get caught and nearly have, several times.

It reminded me of the almost "parallel" to DIL situation.

I worked with a good worker last night, that usually isn't in my area. She asked if I knew where "she" (bully) went. I answered, "I don't know." Good worker, said she found out "she" went to another area to "look" for something. We were understaffed, and that is why good worker was wondering where "she" went. We could use more help. All of a sudden, I walk through my area, and see "items" from the area that "she" went to. My point is, that it felt almost odd that good worker acknowledged what I'd been dealing with all along. I had shut my mouth, because I knew cliche' were waiting for me to "tell." They were acting on a rumor that I "told" on one of theirs. Politics. Gossip. All that.

They stand around and watch me work. Joke. In some way, there are so many similarities in situations. First, there is an "imagined" wrong they feel I've done. Without knowing the truth, they begin to act out. They get more people involved in it (gang/family) mentality. None of them, knows the truth. It doesn't stop them from continuing every single day from making my work more time-consuming. In this case, they are getting paid to do it!

So, I've learned to keep mouth shut. Nothing will change or be done about the situation. They keep "baiting" me with certain comments; "Oh I don't want to do any work." "Oh I don't care about what you have to do."

The moral and the biggest lesson from this, is, that, for all the wrong "followers," the RIGHT and fair people WILL notice. That is huge. That felt good! I think when dealing with her family, I was outnumbered and their views were "supposed" to be right, just because they all were raised in the same dysfunction. No matter what those others do, if I keep doing right, no matter how unfair of treatment, life will deal with them! I do not need to exert any worry or control/confrontation. If they can blindly follow, how weak! As with DIL and family, people will do and say whatever they please. The best thing, is for me to limit contact. That is why I didn't see it so clearly in my personal life, because, I didn't feel I had a "way out" as in workplace. But, we always have a choice. My heart, got in the way.
:)  I have learned that Renny is a hard worker with good morals, values, and ethics. 
:)  I have learned that I don't want to be a bully, a slacker, or steal from my workplace by not earning my salary.  (I can't relate to people like that.)
:)  I have learned that I have a safe place to be myself where I can be supported and loved (HERE).

cocobars

I have learned that sometimes people join bullies because they don't want to be bullied.  They are afraid of standing up to that bully.  It's easier to be on the side of the bully, than to be picked on and made to feel "less than." Nobody should be made to feel that way.

That one's for you too Renny, and I know we can both relate to it! :)

You are missed here!