March 28, 2024, 08:13:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Chrsitmas Miracle

Started by luise.volta, December 17, 2011, 01:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

OK, so most of you know that I live in low-income housing and DH, Val, (age 100) is in our campus nursing home. Not a lot of money floating around but we are fine. :-) 

Kirk spends his summers here because it gets too hot on Kauai (and because he misses his mom.) Over there he has a treadmill to keep him in shape. I wanted to get him a used one for here...(WA state) for Christmas. On Thursday someone on campus who had one that was "hardly used" put it on the bulletin board for $100. I called on it and went to look at it and it's a beauty! Before I could even ask if she was firm on the price, she said that it was free because we both lived in the same community, both had DHs in nursing and were "family"! I'm still pinching myself and she's delighted to get rid of "the elephant in the living room!" :-) Two staff members are going to take it to Kirk's trailer for me! Just had to share my Christmas Miracle.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Doe

Wow - excellent job of making it manifest, Luise!

luise.volta

Gidget

What a nice story Luise, I'm really happy for you.  Sometimes little things make miracles. :)

Pooh

Awww...that's awesome Luise!  What an angel she is!  Kirk will be thrilled although now not a surprise if he reads it here!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

He's just our Techie". He never reads content. Too busy!

newhera

happy for you! i get inspired by stories of happiness from little things :)

Pooh

Welcome newhera.  I wasn't sure if anyone had welcomed you yet to our little cyber family.  If they did, just ignore the rest of the this.   ;D

Please read the two posts under Open Me First. One is the Forum Agreement which has to be a fit for this to work...and the other is How This Happened...our history. Nothing wrong with your post, we just ask all new members to do this.  Also, we get hit with quite a bit of spam.  No need to report it to the moderators.  We are all on different time zones and when one of us logs on, we will take care of it.  Thanks.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

sesamejane

Well...Merry Christmas Luise!

elsieshaye

That's awesome, Luise!  I really love the sense of family that you have in your community.  Seems like you and Val found the perfect place!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

JudyJudyJudy

Wonderful Miracle, Luise!

My miracle happened too -- at least for today and this Christmas season -- I am getting over myself and am happy!  I have been giving to others unselfishly and love it.

So, actually giving is better than receiving!