March 28, 2024, 12:40:58 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Still Missing Chickie

Started by luise.volta, March 24, 2010, 10:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I know I have said this before...and I want to respect your privacy and your decisions but I really miss you, Chickie.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Luise, I truly appreciate you saying that.  I have been really sick and dealing with a lot healthwise....a scary thing.

I have been peeking occasionally at what you're all talking about.  I feel such a kinship with everyone. I do miss everyone.

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 25, 2010, 02:12:50 AM
Luise, I truly appreciate you saying that.  I have been really sick and dealing with a lot healthwise....a scary thing.

I have been peeking occasionally at what you're all talking about.  I feel such a kinship with everyone. I do miss everyone.

Chickie, please get well soon.
I've missed you and have been sending up prayers for you....

Hugs
Creme

cocobars

Chickie, take care of yourself and get through this knowing we are thinking about you.  You probably need lots of rest and sleep, so your body can heal.  Remember we miss you!

Get well soon Chickie! :(

luise.volta

Oh, what a relief to hear from you! I was so worried! No need to post until you are able and have the extra energy again. We are your e-family and we all love you deeply and dearly. Great healing can come from so much love!

Sassy

2chickiebaby

Thank you, Sassy...thank you, all of you for checking on me.  I really appreciate it.  This is one time I could not will myself to get better. You know when you're sick? and you try to feel better and you just can?  I couldn't.

After I got out of the hospital ( OH MY LORD!! I'm so scared of the hospital.  It is horrible. I hate them), we went to a dinner with my husband's work (I went for the food). :P

Anyway, this woman was sitting beside me.  She said she had 2 sons.  I said, "you're kidding?"

"no", she said she wasn't

I told her:  "you know what you're going to have?"

"No, what?"

"Daughter in laws"

"Oh, I know but one of my sons is dating this wonderful girl right now"

I told her that they are always nice at first.

So I proceeded to tell her (never one to spare someone the good news)...."listen carefully, I told her.  Don't ever laugh, she'll think you're laughing at her.  Don't cry, she'll think you're manipulative and needy.  Just sit and smile but don't smile too much, she'll think you're nuts and won't let you see the grandkids."

"Really, don't do anything at all, ever."

She was really astonished, I must say.  Good way to get to know someone, kind of an ice breaker.

(part of my post disappeared)

luise.volta

Oh, I just hate that when the Monster That Eats Posts gobbles up one of mine!

I'm so terribly sorry you have been so sick.

Ping! Pingity, Ping, ping, Ping!!!

cocobars

HAHAHA!  OMG!  I'm so happy to see you here!  Still at it and plugging away!  Well, I'm sure this woman is not sleeping at night!  Or, knowing you, she is laughing so much she can't sleep! 

I'm sorry the rest of this post was lost. :(  but then, my imagination is filling in the rough spots!   ;D

We missed you so much, Chickie!  YOU ARE THIS SITE!

cocobars

FGM (Fairy Godmother) is still working here!  And, still as wise as ever!  We have truly all been worried about you though, and it was impossible to hide! :)

2chickiebaby

yes, the most amazing part is that she was one of the owner's wives.  I finally found a way for us to bond.  Yes!!  I'm sure she feels real close to me.  ;D

I looked over at her during the most dreadful speech in recorded history and she was pretending she was reading but she was sleeping.  I wanted to eat the food she left on her plate but I thought that might be inappropriate.  I restrained myself.

Also, I had the most horrible urge to stand up and say, "SHUT UP!!!! to the speaker."  But I didn't. 

cocobars

HAHAHA!!!  I'm so glad you're here, Chickie!!!!

2chickiebaby

luise.volta

There is only one Chickie! We love you to pieces! :-*

cocobars

That reminds me, my husband wouldn't let me eat.  I was allowed to eat a meal a day, and he would take me out for that and let me pick an appetiser - then we would share it!  LOL!  That was my "meal."  He had such a big ego that he "had to have a skinny wife."  I'm 5 feet tall and am built like Dolly Parton!  He never had the skinny wife - you know you can buy different clothes trying to hide things, but the baggy shirts still just make you look "fat!"  Youre story makes me wonder.  I was cooking after I took him back and tasted the chili (I think it was), and I heard this voice behind me go, "UGH" when I turned to look, I saw him shaking his finger at me! 

I'm a good size 8 now, except the shirts!  HAHAHA!