April 19, 2024, 11:00:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

A Quick Thank You

Started by firelight, December 13, 2011, 07:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firelight

As I read through many of these topics I keep finding the simliar thing I found.....re: finding this site when you're feeling at your absolute worst and at a time when having great feelings of despair and emotional pain.  I am the same....I thought my heartbreak would kill me and I'm not even sure what I typed in to find this site, but I think it's no coincidence. 

Thank you, Luise, and to all of your support staff who make this site possible and for all your hard work.  I'm sure we have no idea what kind of work is actually involved to keep this site's quality high like it is.

It has been an answer to prayer to find I am not alone in this and how helpful it is to just be able to talk about it.  The DH can only hear so much....  It's not often people you know personally share these sorts of things probably because we don't want to be judged or for "people to talk".

I can't tell you, Luise, and all the others what it has meant to be able to be a part of a site like this.  What a treasure it is.  I know of no other quite like it.  It's like a family in a way.   I do know of another friend who has problems with her AC and I gave her the site address....not sure if she is considering using it (she hasn't said) but I hope she does as I know it would be a great help to her. 

Thank you for being here.   8)
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

luise.volta

Thank you. We, as Moderators, do our best as does my son, who is our Webmaster. We are still learning (and probably always will be) as we get ready to start our third year in May.

One thing we need to be more careful about is to keep our belief systems to ourselves. I'd like everyone to re-read our Forum Agreement because I have just added a paragraph about that under the heading: MUTUAL RESPECT:

Sending love to one and all...Luise
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

firelight

I'm glad I could help you come up with a new addition to your Mutual Respect paragraph...   ;)
In compliance with the guidelines, I changed my user name and still here.   
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

firelight

p.s.  I wholeheartedly hope no one was offended by anything I posted and deeply apologize if I have done so.  I have to remember to be careful with my personal belief system but when one is so passionate about it, it's easier said than done.  Thank you for the reminder, luise.   No worries.  Still lovin' this helpful site.   Thank you! 
Firelight

sesamejane

Love your posts, firelight.

Love the new name too!

luise.volta

FL - You are one gracious lady! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Love the new name too :)  Glad you're sticking with us
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

firelight

I really like it too, sesamejane and pam1!  thanks.    :) 
Firelight

Pooh

Me too...makes me think of fireflies!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

You know, I heard fireflies will soon be extinct.  Made me sad.  Bah
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

firelight

They're on their way to extinction??  Wow....like bees.  I'm gonna check that out on Google...I never heard it.

I could be a firefly since I'm a midnight shifter (at least for the time being) ...lol...I used say I was a bat.  I like the firefly analogy better.

:)
Firelight

Pooh

I always called myself a "vampire" when I worked nights!
Joseph Campbell

firelight

Firelight