April 19, 2024, 07:46:02 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My son and daughter

Started by Momma Cat, March 09, 2010, 08:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Good for you for responding to all of the kindness and concern here and for sharing how you are coping. This is like an extended family for many of us. That's what I created this forum for and it's working. Women share and care...heal and recover...listen and learn. Whatever the personal need is, we are here for each other and you.  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Momma Cat

You ladies are so compassionate and kind.  It is really an honor to be part of such an amazing group of women!  We're all hurting so much and life has not been kind to us, but we can be there for each other and support each other.  What an awesome thing that is and how powerful we can be giving each other a hand to lift each other up.    Hugs,  Momma

cremebrulee

Momma Cat...

ahhh, it's so nice to see you back and posting...
I love that picture...

yes, this is a marvelous group of women...who are compassionate, intelligent, and very helpful....in all the posts I read, I find, that a lot of what they are saying can be applied to my life....they have been supportive, and so helpful to my needs...it helps so much to read the plights of others....to engage in helpful conversations, we seem to be able to help each other out, which is such a good thing...and comforting.

Love to you and so good to see you.

Marilyn

We are each of us Angels with only one wing,
and we can only fly by embracing one another.

luise.volta

March 12, 2010, 08:16:44 AM #19 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:11:25 PM by luise.volta
And I would like to expand on that and say that my physical self is an angel with one wing, so until I access my spiritual self...I can never fly. In my belief system, that doesn't have to wait until death, it can happen on earth.

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on March 12, 2010, 08:16:44 AM
And I would like to expand on that and say that and say that my physical self is an angel with one wing and until I access my spiritual self...I can never fly. In my belief system, that doesn't have to wait until death, it can happen on earth.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marilyn

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on March 12, 2010, 08:16:44 AM
And I would like to expand on that and say that and say that my physical self is an angel with one wing and until I access my spiritual self...I can never fly. In my belief system, that doesn't have to wait until death, it can happen on earth.

I have always been interested in a person's spiritual beliefs...I don't know if it would be appropriate, however, I would love to hear your belief system Luise...

luise.volta

Well, what's "appropriate" here is always up for grabs. I tried to define that in my Vision Statement and Forum Agreement but I still struggle with it almost daily.

I know we have to be very careful that we don't see our beliefs and values as something we are going to push here. Some of us may be very active in our own variety of "knowing" when we are offline and that's great...but not here where feelings can so easily be hurt and judging others is verboten. We always need to say something like, "This is what I believe" instead of, "This is the truth. I am right. This is the only way and you are wrong." (Even if that's what we think.) 

I'm the only one allowed to do that...pass judgment and make right/wrong statements. It comes with the territory of being your moderator. And I don't always do it without stepping on toes, as you know.

So, OK...I don't mind telling you what my spiritual path has been, where it has taken me over the last 8 decades and where I am at this time...(even though I have no idea where it might go from here.)

I have to take care of Val right now...but I'll be back.

luise.volta

March 12, 2010, 09:20:07 PM #24 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:42:18 AM by luise.volta
Creme - OK, I have posted about my spiritual path under the Heading of Resources/Biological Sketches.

What a typo! That was supposed to be Biographical Sketches!!!! LOL!

Anyhow, I wrote on that subject for those who might find it interesting.