April 19, 2024, 05:17:24 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Serious Question

Started by 2chickiebaby, March 09, 2010, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Me too, Renny.  I fall back on dark memories all the time. I wish I could stop.  When I move forward, the memory jumps on me and I can't escape.  What to do?

I am just way too sensitive.  I feel feelings from everyone.  It's horrible.

renny97

I love metaphors and quotes and another one that helps me is by a teacher that was featured
on the news because he helped so many inner-city kids get an education. Many of them turned
out to be mathematicians and professors. The teacher, wound up getting cancer, and struggled
with medical bills. Some of students, got together and raised money to pay bills off. And, when
asked what he wanted the students to know he said,

"Don't count how many times you fall on the floor; count how many times you get back up."
I've got to find out his name.

Wow!

Also, I have this trait (don't know what else it would be called), that when I have been down for
so long or like my M used to say, "had my cry", and "shake off the dust"----look out afterwards!
If anyone or anything has got me that "far down", I come out of it "spittin." I let myself, grieve the
situation and then, analyze it--this process can take some time...and, then take action. The
action part is when I have to watch my impulses.

Matters of the heart, and family, I sacrificed more than I could live with..but, I have to change
my reaction--as many have mentioned.

I think some of those memories and lessons, serve to remind me of not just darkness, but how to
move forward. In other, and many words, I won't forget--but, I will find a way to move past it. It
isn't a selfish thing as I used to think. It is not allowing others to treat me badly.
Renny

2chickiebaby

I always pick myself up but it's so much harder now.  I don't have it anymore. Too many losses.

Pen

Jaime Escalante is the name of the teacher.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-escalante7-2010mar07,0,6159259.story

I've been thinking of him lately, too...I'm not naturally upbeat and positive like him, but I'm working on it. One day at a time.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Marilyn

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 11, 2010, 01:30:15 PM
I always pick myself up but it's so much harder now.  I don't have it anymore. Too many losses.

You still have it Chickie,it's still in you...........believe in your self,focus on all your good qualites,you have many,show your self the love and compassion that you show all of us.

2chickiebaby

Thank you, MominW,
I do want to do better....so hard!! I want to be myself again...thank you!!

cocobars

Quote from: Mominwaiting on March 11, 2010, 03:08:22 PM
Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 11, 2010, 01:30:15 PM

You still have it Chickie,it's still in you...........believe in your self,focus on all your good qualites,you have many,show your self the love and compassion that you show all of us.

Mominwaiting gave you such good advice!  And so true!  You DO still have it and if you don't believe that, go back to our silliness on Rose's post Saturday (I think it was) night.  Read your posts!  You had Pen and I hanging in and hurt our sides all night long - Hey!  You were so funny, I peed my pants!  Truth be known, I would bet she did too :-\!  HAHAHA!

I agree with Mominwaiting!  If I have to change my pants and threaten to go buy diapers, you haven't lost anything but confidence!  I wish you could see through our eyes!  You would see a warm and loving woman who is also funny enough to make you break a rib and pee your pants!

I love you Chickie! :)

2chickiebaby

Okay, I'll try, Coco.... ;D

Marilyn

Chickie,do you think it might be,because you cant talk to your son you have to talk to DIL?

2chickiebaby

MominW...probably...it's sad to me.

cocobars

I'm sorry for that!  She doesn't know what she is missing!  Or who!

Marilyn

Chickie,that has really bothered me,ever since you told me that.
That has to be affecting you.
What would happen if you ask to talk to him Chickie?

2chickiebaby

MominW...he would tell her what I said and I would be OUT.  No can do.  Other things I've asked him, she's gotten on the phone and bawled me out.   Something like, "please call your brother".....that sets her off. 

It's just the hand I've got and I have to play it. 

Marilyn

Chickie,thats just awful.I'm sure your very uncomfortable talking to her.Your son never ask to talk to you,the whole time your on the phone with her?

2chickiebaby

not that I know of....it makes me sad to think about it, MominW.  She's the gatekeeper.  I blame him too.