March 28, 2024, 01:40:11 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Heart Mug

Started by renny97, March 04, 2010, 02:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renny97

I have only one coffee mug with hearts on it. After using it, I rinsed out and put on towel to dry. Later, when I went to put it away, I noticed it has a bad crack, but amazingly, it was still together? Do you think it was symbolic? A broken heart, but it "didn't fall apart." I had that cup for years. And, I even washed it out, and nothing seemed wrong or broke? I put it up on a shelf, til I can figure out what to do with it.

I've heard of other stories, where a favorite plant that was flourishing, would suddenly die after a heartbreak.

What are your thoughts? Coincidence?

cocobars

Oh Renny.  So where did you heart get broken? 

renny97

In terms of heart broken when things would not change with DIL. And, not being able to see GC in peace.

The heart mug, reminded me of my heart "cracked." And not even noticing until "I looked at it much later." Like denial for so long, I didn't look at things and thought it was alright. I just rinsed off, thinking if was still whole.

Who knew this cup would get me into such deep concepts....lol. I just thought, of all the mugs I have, the one with the hearts, cracked.  :-\

Like the Mugs and Hearts of the Universe...?

cocobars

Not for long, Renny.  You're climbing up!  Pretty soon you'll have no use for that cup!  You will have a whole heart all by yourself!
:)

2chickiebaby

Dear Renny,
It does seem like it's a sign from your own heart.  I know it's cracked but you know what?  It's still holding together.  Like you. Think about that....what a blessing you are.

renny97

:) Awwwww, you guys! You always make me feel much better!

Yes, I thought that was amazing, it cracked along the whole side, and yet, it stayed whole and the heart was still ready for love again!  ;)

cocobars

:o Now if we can just find the meaning behind this....
;D

renny97

Okay, here is creepy symbol2....

Son, got me a beautiful clock years ago that hung in dining room. It quit!! I am just recalling now, but it quit last Spring! Around DIL's bday? I remember telling son on the phone. It is still sitting on shelf where I try to see if I can find out what's wrong with it when I gather enough patience.

Again, that clock lasted for years! Weird items to go co-put!???

cocobars

Hi Renny!

I just wanted to tell you not to throw that clock out!  I have several antique clocks and occasionally I just put them in a clock shop to be cleaned and looked at.  The expense is worth keeping a clock that has sentimental value attached, like yours.  My grandfather clock stopped working and I put it in the shop about 2 years ago.  It costs $150.00, but needed some work besides just cleaning.  I know that's alot if funds are low, but if it just needs cleaning and a little WD40, it shouldn't be that much (I think?).  Anyway, you can always put a call in to a clock shop and ask what they charge for cleaning a clock before you take it anywhere, just to get an idea.

That's strange that you had the heart mug with the crack and then the clock.  Any gremlins around? ;D

Hang in there and keep your chin up!  Sending you big hugs!

2chickiebaby

sending lots of love, Renny :)