March 28, 2024, 03:14:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Lack if advertising on this site

Started by forever spring, November 06, 2011, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

I have my history set to clear automatically upon log off (so I don't have to worry about "anyone" finding WWU on my computer) and that helps. Also, I think some sites that are innocent generate weird ads sometimes, for example if you click on news items about celebrities you might get a ton of sketchy pop-ups.

Good luck, Chelms!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Chelms, I wasn't really looking at my ads before -- they don't interfere with what I come to WWU to do.  So I started looking and I'm getting military ads and "your ad here offers."  All directly related to my work since I google so much for work lol.

Bookmark WWU, I'd bet my last dollar if WWU is being googled to get too you're going to see "women" type ads.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift