April 16, 2024, 02:34:50 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Easter

Started by cocobars, April 01, 2010, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willingtohelp

We went to see DH's aunt and GM who live few hours away.  It was my DD's first long car trip, and she didn't fuss too much (yea!!).  GMIL and aunt loved seeing her.  My mom and dad drove over to go to church with us and eat Easter dinner with GMIL and aunt (DH's aunt and my mom were in a club together a few years back and are good friends).  Over the weekend, aunt and I worked in GMIL's garden, DH got to see some old college buddies, and DD got totally spoiled.  It was great. 

Hope

Oh, Clover, it was nice that you were able to spread the love around.  Good for you!  Sounds like a good balance and dd reaped the benefits.
Hugs, Hope

cocobars

Clover, sounds great!  I had my son, GS, and two daughter's plus one's boyfriend.  We cooked out on the grill - steaks!  Had fun there too!  GS rode his ATV all over the place and his Dad was worn out!   HAHA!  He was worn out because I couldn't do it.  I had a truck load of mulch delivered and had to go about de-weeding gardens and spreading it. 

By the way Clover, what about Clover-the dog.  Did she (or is that he) get to go with you?

willingtohelp

Clover goes to a boarding place.  She gets to run and play and swim on a big farm.  It's also the place where her training was through, and because she completed their course (and will come back when her collar beeps), she gets to run the entire ranch instead of being in a playpen (areas about the size of a soccer field).  She loves going there.  She runs herself ragged and then comes home and sleeps for a week. 

cocobars

Well, then it sounds like it was a vacation for her too!  I would be she sleeps with a smile now and chases rabbits in her sleep!  My coco used to do that.  Her legs would start and she would be lying down and running in her sleep.  She would bark too!   HAHA!