April 18, 2024, 01:12:28 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Was Thinking

Started by cremebrulee, February 05, 2010, 05:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

I was thinking last night and this morning about our sons...and what lengths they go to, to please they're wives, even if that means cutting us all off....

Most confident, mature and secure men would not allow they're wives to control them to this degree....

Now I know people do things for many reasons, but here's a thought....

I believe my son, doesn't feel he deserve any better then this, due to something he did a long time ago, when he was younger...and I feel he is punishing himself for that, b/c what he did hurt a lot of people....it was over 20 years ago, but the guilt must be difficult for him to live with...and he is self persecuting...I don't believe he has ever been able to forgive himself, and actually feels, he deserves this...subconsciously of course....I know about it, his father does not....and I'd never tell anyone about it...that's for him to do...however, is that part of the reason why he feels he deserves so little and is constantly making excuses for his wife?

luise.volta

It's your "I wonder" and so all I can do, of course, is try to apply it to me.

Whenever I come up with a single, clear truth like that I eventually find it is the tip of an iceberg and that it is floating in a sea of icebergs. We are all so multifaceted and so much is perceptual. Each glimmer, in my experience, extends my understanding and expands my consciousness... and that supports my being able to embrace the unknown...which is pretty much everyone and everything.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on February 05, 2010, 07:01:54 AM
It's your "I wonder" and so all I can do, of course, is try to apply it to me.

Whenever I come up with a single, clear truth like that I eventually find it is the tip of an iceberg and that it is floating in a sea of icebergs. We are all so multifaceted and so much is perceptual. Each glimmer, in my experience, extends my understanding and expands my consciousness... and that supports my being able to embrace the unknown...which is pretty much everyone and everything.

And you pretty much do embrace all Luise....
you have such a poetic and colorful way of explaining things...have you written any books ever....you should...you really should....

Thank you...

Hugs
Creme

Carolina Gal

You may very well be right.  Te problem is that he needs to forgive himself and begin to live a more positive and healthy life before it is too late.  You know gals, we will not be here (in the physical sense) forever and I wonder if our sons/daughters will have trouble reconciling our conflicts when they can no longer speak with us.  Then on the other hand I wonder and think they lack the depth and consideration to consider anyone else or ponder into the repercussions in the future - maybe that is the basis of their problems.  As you can see, I and we think too much.  It just shows that we desperately want to "fit" these bad situations.  I was thinking too......

cocobars

Quote from: Carolina Gal on February 28, 2010, 03:41:00 AM
You may very well be right.  Te problem is that he needs to forgive himself and begin to live a more positive and healthy life before it is too late.  You know gals, we will not be here (in the physical sense) forever and I wonder if our sons/daughters will have trouble reconciling our conflicts when they can no longer speak with us.  Then on the other hand I wonder and think they lack the depth and consideration to consider anyone else or ponder into the repercussions in the future - maybe that is the basis of their problems.  As you can see, I and we think too much.  It just shows that we desperately want to "fit" these bad situations.  I was thinking too......
I agree.  We definately try to fit into these situations because we love them so much!  I see nothing wrong with thinking though.  Sometimes we figure things out!  LOL!

Carolina Gal

You guys really are great!

cocobars

Quote from: Carolina Gal on February 28, 2010, 03:53:02 PM
You guys really are great!
Spoken like the true wise woman who gave me such an inspiration this morning with all your posts!  You were really busy, and gave me lots to think about today!

Thank you, "woman who is loved by son!"

That's like "dances with wolves, but it is the mother's name!" ;D

Carolina Gal

Co Co-Dances with Wolves is a great movie!

cocobars

I agree!  I loved it!  Good name for you then? ;D

Carolina Gal

cocobars