April 16, 2024, 04:52:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Do You Ever Wonder?

Started by cocobars, January 26, 2010, 07:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Let's see...  Green eyes, blonde hair. Good sense of humor - slap happy at times.  Goldie Hawn...

I'm probably wrong.  You tell me...

SunnyDays09

QuoteI think if you haven't worked for awhile the temp agencies will give you lots of experience in different areas. 

Hey thanks coco!  That is a great idea.  I have been handing out resumes and filling out applications like crazy.  It is tough when the competition is younger, smarter, and there's younger!  LOL.

Temp agencies are next!   

Luise I hope everything works out for your soon to be ex sil.  Hope I got that right.   :)

cocobars

Quote from: HappyDays09 on January 29, 2010, 04:41:52 PM
QuoteI think if you haven't worked for awhile the temp agencies will give you lots of experience in different areas. 

Hey thanks coco!  That is a great idea.  I have been handing out resumes and filling out applications like crazy.  It is tough when the competition is younger, smarter, and there's younger!  LOL.

Temp agencies are next!   

Luise I hope everything works out for your soon to be ex sil.  Hope I got that right.   :)

LOL!  I understand Happy!  I wore myself out handing out resumes.  I have a friend who told me it was because of my age that I wasn't being hired.  So next stop - temp agencies...  It will also help build an impressive resume (or dress up the one you have).  They sent me to a government agency who even paid for a secret security clearance.  Those are time consuming and expensive, but they do wonders for your resume.  I had written about the job in my first posting, but went back and edited it out so I wouldn't get in trouble.  I gave too many details for the internet.  I've been offered jobs since then, but I'm holding out still for that job I "know" I will be able to retire from.  I have to really like it.

Three years ago I was in the same position you are in.  You keep plugging.  I would like to give you some positive comparisons;  Our age -
We don't call in because the kids are sick
We don't call in because they are out of school.
We show up on time and usually are very honest about our hours
We are honest about the time spent of work
We don't sit at our desks and do our make-up and lipstick
When the boss gives us 30 minutes for lunch - that's all we take!

On Happy, those are just a few. I could go on.

I hope all goes well for you!  And I think it will!

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama