March 28, 2024, 01:08:26 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I decided to start a diet

Started by Pooh, July 28, 2011, 08:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

Bet you're right, Luise.  She'll be ready to rock 'n roll when she gets back, too.  : )

Rose799

Believe I can guess which one I got.  I'll hand that one down to dd's...  Jane Fonda & I just had a good time though.  : )

luise.volta

Good for you!!  ;D ;D ;D My live Zumba class at Curves is called Zumba Gold and is for seniors but it really stretches me. Conversely, I have seen some Senior Zumba videos I could do and sleep through.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Rose799

You're doing really, really well, Luise.  Once I've warmed up, it feels good to stretch, but with fibromyalgia, my muscles & tendons are tight.  It's about like limbering up jerky.  Sure feels good afterward though~  : ) 

lancaster lady

I wondered where my Pooh had gone ....boo hoo ...and she didn't take me !!

luise.volta

She seemed totally delighted to leave us behind!  ;D

elizabeth

Hi,

I do Yoga, Chi Gong and quite a lot of walking.
We dont have a car which enables us to enjoy walking our dog twice daily plus walk to the open market mornings for
fresh vegi and fruit and errands. There is also a fresh fish market everyday.

I lost 60 pounds between 2005 and 2009.
I had added some when I quit smoking and then more
with menopause, so it felt good to release those pounds!
Maintaining is not as easy as I thot it would be, but so far so good !

congratulations on all your weight losses and fitness efforts.

luise.volta

Welcome - E,  please feel free to join www.MyFitnessPal.com with the rest of us if you think it might help with your maintenance. You sound like a real trooper! Congratulations!

Pooh

Awww...I missed you guys too!  We had the time of our lives and NO, I didn't behave one bit! Lol.  I weighed in this morning, and I gained 4 lbs! Seriously, I expected it after everything I ate and drank.  I actually figured it would be more.  I ate desserts, ice cream, bread, fried foods, you name it....I ate it!  We did walk bunches and bunches, but I can tell I didn't do my Zumba!

I don't think I ever consumed over 3 glasses a water a day and I would be willing to bet I ate enough sodium for 5 people!  I was awful!  But I had so much fun!  I loved Mexico and the Salsa tour was the bomb!  We really had a great time.

So time to get back on it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Smilesback@u

Any margaritas?  Then, You got your liquids.  Always looking on the bright side, right?  WELCOME BACK POOH!

Pooh

Well if that's the case, then I got PLENTY of water!   ;)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I just love your "report." You did it for all of us! Big responsibility!!!!