March 19, 2024, 04:47:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Don't want to sound like I'm gloating.....

Started by FAFE, September 30, 2011, 02:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

My DD invited me to go with her to a judicial council meeting for a week in October.  The judges all want to see her baby (will be 1 Oct 14) and I'm going to be the nanny.  Of course, I'll be the worn out nanny when we get back.  She wears me out in just a couple of hours.  I am so looking forward to spending that much time with her.  I usually see her a couple of hours on the weekends.  Hope the weather is good enough to get her feet wet in the ocean. 

Doe

This is a day for good news!  Very happy for you!

Rose799

That's wonderful, FAFE!  Give her a little squeeze for us, k?   :)

Barbie

What a great opportunity to spend all that time with your grandbaby. Enjoy!

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

FAFE

You know, I'm really getting a little worried about this.  Three of us in one room, I like to stay up late and read, etc.  Baby will need to be put to bed early and daughter is one of those people who's out like a light when her head hits the pillow.  I'm a lousy sleeper.  But, I am so looking forward to doing all the daily stuff with her.  Taking her to the beach, strolling her around.  Playing on the huge front porch of the hotel, etc. 

I will get through it tho.  Baby will be saying Fafe when this week is over.  LOL!

Pooh

Lol.  No worries FAFE....lack of sleep can be made up the next week!  Baby and DD will be asleep and you can still read.  Get one of those little book light that attaches to the book (like a $1 at the Dollar Stores). 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

FAFE

Pooh, I have a Kindle and a light.  I may have to sneak out to the lobby or something.  Or take an extra sleeping pill!  I'll manage for a couple of days though. 

Shelby

You'll probably be so exhausted from being the nanny all day you may be the first one asleep!

FAFE

Shelby, you are probably right!  I am looking forward to it.  I just know my night time habits.