March 28, 2024, 09:48:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What is your favorite Food?

Started by cremebrulee, December 23, 2009, 12:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orly

I do love pie...but, if I posted everything that turns on the drool, nobody else could post due to lack of space!

cocobars

Now that I understand...  woman after my own heart!

Me, I just like food.  I was picky when I was a kid, but not since I had kids!

Orly

Ok Anna,
You just happened to post one of the few things I just can't tolerate.   Mac and cheese.  I love cheese, love the macaroni,  but the two together..."shudder".  Everyone else in the family loves it....homemade, or the boxed, whichever they can get, as much of it as they can.  I must be warped.  LOL

cremebrulee

Yanno, I had a thought...since everyone here seems to be like me and loves to cook, eat, and so forth, why don't we share recipes...? 

I've been making a lot of comfort food of late, b/c it's so cold here in PA

cocobars

Coco's OMG Flank Steak ;)

1 Average flank steak
     Marinate overnight in the following sauce:

1/4 cup salad oil (you can use regular oil too)
3 TBSP soy sauce (worcestershire works if you don't have soy)
2 TBSP dried onion flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 TBSP wine (sometimes more!)
Dash rosemary, salt and pepper

Place on hot charcoal for approx 7 minutes (or you can broil in the oven).  Slice in small strips at an angle.  YUM YUM! :P

Invisible

I have been eating M & M's by the hand full every day since December. Better stop soon. My son loved my chocolate Chip cookies. I will look for the recipe and share it if anyone is interested.

Pen

Invisible, that is so sweet (no pun intended.) I'm sure your son loved your cookies the best!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

Invisible!

I would love to try your chocolate chip cookie recipe!  I'm ALWAYS up for chocolate!

mom2

Invisible,

Please share your cookie recipe... sounds so good !!

Invisible

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
•   2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
•   1 teaspoon baking soda
•   1 teaspoon salt
•   1 cup butter, softened
•   3/4 cup granulated sugar
•   3/4 cup packed brown sugar
•   1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•   2 large eggs
•   2 cups Chocolate Morsels
•   1 cup chopped nuts

DIRECTIONS
1.   Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.   Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely

Quote from: mom2 on January 11, 2010, 07:20:45 PM
Invisible,

Please share your cookie recipe... sounds so good !!

Pen

MMMmmmm! I think my family will love these, too. Thanks, Invisible!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

the one that flys into the oven and out onto your plate...

seriously
McDonalds and Pizza

oh, and Frozen Margarettas...

sheesh, you guys are going to think I'm a lush..I really don't drink much at all, except on holidays, and love making frozen margarettas....

truth be known, in case your all wondering....

cremebrulee

Quote from: mom2 on December 23, 2009, 05:49:54 PM
My favorite foods are spaghetti and steak.
Favorite sweets are Chocolate ( especially ice cream ).
I like to eat it and then sit on the couch... that's what's wrong with my butt !!

owww, did you ever take vanilla ice cream, crush up pretzels in it, and then nuke it for say 5 seconds....yummy

Orly

I have a really fast easy semi-homemade cookie that is great for bake sales. (I do know the high-school kids snap them up every time we have them to sell)

1 Boxed cake mix (chocolate, cherry, lemon, work the best)
4 oz. Cool Whip (half a regular container)
1 large or jumbo egg

Mix the above together...you're just going to have to work at it, as it is thick.   Roll about a tablespoon into a ball...then roll the ball in powdered sugar to coat.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 to 12 minutes. 

This makes a crackle-cookie.  I swear they taste homemade and not like other "use a cake mix" cookies.  If you want a really different type...use two boxes of Jiffy Pistastio cake mix (remember Jiffy cakes just make one layer and you need a two layer mix) instead of one of the other flavors.