March 28, 2024, 12:29:19 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Jealousy is a poorly disguised need for power and control.

Started by cremebrulee, January 14, 2010, 05:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Penstamen,
I have a friend whose daughter married a well to do Dr's son.  They have access to much more than my friend has.  Vacation homes, etc.  My friend just about grieved herself to death and at first, her Daughter distanced herself from her Mother a little when they first married.

My friend never said anything that I know of to her but just waited and now, the Daughter has a child and is coming closer to her mother now.  I am so happy for her!!

I guess with a DIL you really can't say much of anything.  IT WILL be twisted around no matter how well you phrase it.   Nowhere for us to be ever!

Pen

It's comforting to know someone understands. Thanks, Chickie.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Victim

I also think that jealousy is about coveting. Those that I know that are the most jealous seem to also be hoarders, they have to have it all and they hoard alot of things.

They don't understand that there is enough love for everyone and thus they feel that there is only so much love available, thus if you are getting some you are taking from the limited resources of love and thus there is less for them, some even believe you are taking from them.

The person prone to jealousy does not want love in general, they want to come absolutely first, to them it is a competition as to who is the fairest of them all.

cremebrulee

Yes Survivor, your correct, and sometimes, I can't help but feel sorry for them, b/c most of them, will never grasp the bigger picture...and be at harmony with life...and others...

The last time I was visiting, I met two of they're friends, very nice people, but the moment they left, she was talking about them....sad...she is jealous and doesn't know how to be happy for the accomplishments of others....she always wants what she doesn't have, or think she doesn't have....

Invisible

I agree with Orly and Survivor,

Jealousy is how people react to coveting. I believe there are 3 ways to respond to life: (1) Get Good...(at something), (2) Be Good...(Have Friends..Be well Liked), or (3) Drop Out...(Jealousy and Shun the people most admired).

Quote from: Survivor on January 16, 2010, 04:02:38 AM
I also think that jealousy is about coveting. Those that I know that are the most jealous seem to also be hoarders, they have to have it all and they hoard alot of things.

They don't understand that there is enough love for everyone and thus they feel that there is only so much love available, thus if you are getting some you are taking from the limited resources of love and thus there is less for them, some even believe you are taking from them.

The person prone to jealousy does not want love in general, they want to come absolutely first, to them it is a competition as to who is the fairest of them all.