March 28, 2024, 12:44:31 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I decided to start a diet

Started by Pooh, July 28, 2011, 08:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

SBAU: Would you "friend" me on the site? I haven't figured out to do it yet. And I don't know how to bring that icon over (pretty), so I will just report my weight loss here, too.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cadagi101

Quote from: Julia on July 28, 2011, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: Pooh on July 28, 2011, 10:47:34 AM
Lol.  When you want to add a food, and the majority are in there in some shape form or fashion (there is a place you can add your own if not, but we'll get to that later), just click on the "add" button below which meal you are adding to...like breakfast, lunch, snack...

A search box will come up and type in what you are looking for.  You can put in generic words like "wheat bread" and it will bring up a list of all kinds of brands or some that just say generic.  Or you can key in the brand name like "Kraft" and it will bring up all the "Kraft" stuff.  When you find what you want, or something close, just click on it and say "add".  It will add it to that meal.  You do that for each thing, and you will find then that when you hit the "add" button, below the search box it will start building a list of things that you have eaten, so
if you eat the same thing again, it will be right there in front of you to click on the box and just say "add".

It took me a day or two of rumbling around in it to get the hang of it, but once you do...it's easy.

Ok I have joined, I have added rolled oats to my breakfast yep it has it but I also have a banana and 2 teaspoons honey  where do I add that the extras

Ive worked it out

luise.volta

Great! Please "friend" me Julia! I will put up my stats from today when I finish eating.  ;)

not like the movies

I thin I need to join sometime SOON LOL.....
When you pick up a stick you get both ends!

luise.volta

cadagi101

Quote from: luise.volta on July 28, 2011, 06:07:36 PM
Great! Please "friend" me Julia! I will put up my stats from today when I finish eating.  ;)

I sure will as soon as I work out how....I'm sure it is there somewhere I just have to look..tommorrow

Pooh

July 29, 2011, 05:28:43 AM #36 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:34:38 AM by Pooh
Oh this is great!  The more the merrier.  Let's face it, we tell each other all the time that we need to do something for ourselves and what better thing to do for ourselves, but to get healthy!!!  That's how I am looking at it right now.  Yes, I want to lose some weight, but even more is that I can actually see that I am putting better things in my body. 

I will tell you guys that I have had more energy and just feel better since starting this and I know it's because of two things.  1.  I'm eating better food  2.  I'm drinking more water (which is something I hate!)

SBU, I love the idea of putting it our signature.  Ladies, I also love that you don't have to create a ticker that shows your weight, but can...but also create one like SBU that just shows your weight loss goal.  I know some people don't want anyone to know what they weigh, so I am so glad they offered both options.

Ok, so 2 lessons this morning to help.

1.  Find a Member:  Go to the "Community" tab and click it.  Underneath it will now show some different options.  Click "Find Members".  Now you get several options to search by: Gender, age, etc.  The last one says "Username or Email".  You can type in a members name there and search for them.  If you type in "VelcroPooh", it should bring me up!

2.  Click on the "Tools" tab.  Underneath that you will now see the word "Tickers". Click on that and it will walk you through all your options.  You can upload your own pic on one of the pages, choose to go by weight or lbs. lost and change color or the little marker thingy as you go through.  When you are done, it will give you the codes to add to your signature.  Just copy and paste it here in your signature and it should work.  (Use the one that says: BBcode for forum signatures).
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

SBU, I have been reading things too and everything says, and the people that are successful do swear by the calories in/calories out.  Seems to be the key!  If you click on the "Tools" tab and pick the BMR calculator, you can enter your age, height and weight and it will tell you how many calories your body uses daily, without doing anything.  They say to shoot for a goal of eating 200-300 calories less than that to lose weight the healthy way (1-2 lbs a week).    Mine comes out to 1484, so I have been shooting for 1200 calories a day.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thank you so much! I have trouble with copy and paste if I can't do it by highlighting.

Pooh

When you click on it there, it will automatically highlight it for you.  I like to use "Ctrl C" to copy and "Ctrl V" to paste, but you can also right click on your mouse and select "copy" and then right click and hit "paste" when you get to your signature.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thanks. I use the same keys for my work on MomResponds so that should work. I haven't checked in over there yet this AM because I have been Banning Bad Guys. "There!  >:( Take that!" Poof!  ;D

Pooh

You go girl!  Bam......Pow.......Clobber.........
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Woo Hoo!  I had complete confidence in you!
Joseph Campbell

Smilesback@u

Hi y'all, I would like to add you as friends on MyFitnessPal -- can't seem to locate you luise and not sure if I have pooh and Julia.  This will be fun getting and giving support to get healthy.  I am down 1 # today.  So the food logging is working.  SBU