March 28, 2024, 04:10:22 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

3 Cheers for Luise and this forum

Started by seasons, June 01, 2011, 10:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasons

Luise,

You have helped so many women by starting this forum, myself included. 

I wish to send you a very big Thank You for WWU, and I also send good wishes to all those women who are currently active members.

With that said, I respectfully request that my membership be decommissioned.

Seasons

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SassyDI

I am asking for my account to be deleted thank you.

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

I don't want to upset anyone ,but as this is a discussion board ,is this subject worth discussing ?  I feel like I'm losing all my friends without knowing why ........ :(

Nana

LL

I have been reading your concerns about people leaving this forum.   I feel rather confused too.  I miss many others who have gone as well.  Anna, cocobars, Katherine. Faith, Faithlooksup. ....it was great having them....  There are now very very nice members such as Seasons, Kennedy, Doona, Irenic, Holly  and yourself.    Pen and Pooh are still with us, and of course Luise.....they have been an example to all of us, in their compassion, respect and love and advice they have given us. 

We will survive LL.  Please dont you leave.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

lancaster lady

Thanks Nana for replying ,however half of those you mentioned have also left  .....missing the old buddies ,but welcoming the new ...

Nana

See then, I am not Updated.    Cheers for Luise and our moderators.

Love

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pen

Nana and LL, I'm a moderator and I'm not understanding the negativity about this site since I've felt respected and supported here. Apparently there are those for whom this site isn't a good fit for whatever reason (unfortunately we don't always know what the catalyst is), and I respect their choice to leave. I don't understand why they need to make an announcement and delete their memberships rather than just going away for awhile, but again that's their decision.

As a moderator I can tell you all that I personally have not been told how to feel about a particular poster & have not been given any orders to act a certain way other than to remind newbies to read the Forum Agreement and to maintain civility on the boards I oversee. That's it.

I'm helping with mod duties because this site saved my family. If someone shows up here needing a kind word and acceptance while working on making progress in dealing with a confusing, frustrating, hurtful situation, I want to lend and ear and a shoulder. Paying it forward, in a way.

Thank you for your support, BTW.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

RedRose

I have been a member since August of 2009...I read a lot...post a little.
If you don't like what is being said or done just don't post or read for a while...don't ask to be deleted.
This is a good place and has helped me so much, I like the option of being able to come back if I want to.
A lot of very involved people have left or been banned, for whatever reason, over the past couple of years. I miss them also.
What I have found is that  we do survive...like Nana says.

lancaster lady

Dear Pen :
I think you are all doing an amazing job , and I for one am very grateful .
As you said why if people want a break , just take one .
If by making a statement by leaving , they should say what the statement is , why spoil a
happy place for so many .

luise.volta

Wise counsel, RR. All we can do is our best. WWU isn't perfect because that's not an option. I have never removed anyone who posted within the Modified Agreement guidelines that everyone accepts to become a member. We have to have structure to have a Forum. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Quote from: Pen on June 06, 2011, 07:44:04 AM
As a moderator I can tell you all that I personally have not been told how to feel about a particular poster & have not been given any orders to act a certain way other than to remind newbies to read the Forum Agreement and to maintain civility on the boards I oversee. That's it.

I am the exact same way.  When asked to be a mod, that was the only instructions I received as well.  I miss many of our old members, and many of the ones that have left now.  This site works for me.  I enjoy everyone and the insight I receive.  Have I got upset about something said a time or two?  Yes...I'm human.  But for every 1 thing I don't like, there are a 100 I love.  Just like life.  I also like to make up my own mind about things.  I will listen to what someone has to say, but in the end, it's my decision.

LL and Nana, you know I love you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Nana

I know Pooh....I am grateful and honored.

Shakespeare