March 28, 2024, 01:59:48 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Just an update

Started by willingtohelp, May 29, 2011, 05:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willingtohelp

I don't know where this fits, so I'm posting here.  I do check in from time to time, but being able to post is a luxury I don't often have.  My DD is getting bigger and bigger every day, and work is going well.  She's walking and talking and just wonderful. 

Nothing really to report on the IL front.  For those of you who don't "know" me, we don't speak to the ILs after an incident that happened.  So since we don't see them, there's nothing to really say about it. 

I don't really have a life altering post, just wanted to say Hi. 

pam1

Hi back at you ;)

Sometimes no news is good news on the IL front.  I'm glad your family and DD are doing well. I've read some of your posts before I joined and remember thinking that it could have been me at times. 

Hope you get the chance to post more!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

I'm always glad to hear from you, Clover, and am glad all is well. I know how busy you must be...medical career and baby girl. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

willingtohelp

Luise, I can't begin to tell you how often I think of you.  I swear I need a WWLD (What would Luise do?) sign taped somewhere.  You are an inspiration.

luise.volta

Bless your heart. We got off to such a rocky start and yet I remember you saying I reminded you of your grandmother and I was so touched. :)

willingtohelp

You do remind me of her.  And trust me, that's one of the highest compliments I can give.  Gosh I've missed you girls (and guys, do we have any now?)

What have I missed in the, oh, past month or so?  I've tried to keep up, but most of my time has been reading papers for work or reading about how my child should be doing vector calculus by now and what a terrible mom I am. 

Pen

Hey,Clover, it's good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you and hoping all was well.

Been reading the Tiger Mother propaganda, LOL? It's tough out there in parentland these days...keep a cool head.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I was truly touched when you made that comparison.  :)

The only recent change is that we have four Forum Moderators now and I am no longer burning the midnight oil...bless their hearts.

And don't worry about your daughter. She can always roll her eyes later and say "What could I expect from a mom who's a doctor?(sigh...)  ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

Hey Clover!  Great to hear from you.  Glad everything is going well...we miss you around here.  Been reading your posts this morning and remembering how much I loved hearing your wisdom.  I bet DD is running you to death now! 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

willingtohelp

You have no idea.  And the worst part is that she keeps tripping and falling.  She loves to go outside and chase balls and play on the playground near our house, but she has skinned knees and elbows.  And the logical part of me says to put some neosporin and a band aid on and all is good, but the mom in me wants to replace all asphalt and concrete with foam padding and put her in knee and elbow pads. 

lancaster lady

hi Clover :
Nice to meet you .
My GD is 15 months and we are calling her Miss Bump !
Her last episode left her with a bloody nose , now she looks like a boxer ....!
Her favourite place is her sandpit ....maybe she'll be a builder when she's older ...lol

Pooh

Ha ha...I remember those days.  I wanted to wrap mine from head to toe in bubble wrap.  What you just said is the best Mom advice I can give you - keep plenty of cute bandaids and neosporin on hand and just get ready to love on the boo-boos. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

And it never stops...I just heard via a friend who has FB that DS injured himself playing his favorite sport. I was surprised to observe that my physical/emotional response was similar to when he was a little guy getting injured careening around the pitch...Kept it in check, LOL, but it was there, most definitely.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Yup! Once a Mom, always a Mom! My "baby" is 56!  ;D ;D ;D

willingtohelp

You girls aren't helping.  I need to hear that I'll grow out of this eventually.....at least by the time she goes to college, right?  At some point, reason returns and I remember that a scraped knee isn't life threatening.....come on, help a girl out.