March 28, 2024, 09:50:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Need to have a sit-down

Started by AnonymousDIL, April 27, 2011, 11:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

At the risk of rushing to assumption based on a single antecdote (if I understood it correctly), I will come right out and ask:  Is it possible your DB could be plain... nuts? He and SIL in folie a deux ?

Because sadly I know a bit of how to deal with nuts and stay sane, and logic is no part of it.  It is mostly maintaining boundaries and curtailing all expectations. 

AnonymousDIL

Soooo, I didn't know what folie a deux is so I looked it up. I am seriously laughing my butt off now.... I don't really know. Maybe they are nuts.

pam1

I think they are just rude lol.  And young.

Hey Adil, have you taken a Meyers Brigg personality test?  They have a lot of free ones online, they aren't always so accurate so you can look up the different descriptions.  But I think you're an intp or enfp.  lol, I don't know why I needed to tell you, but I think you're very similar to me, entp.  It's tough for women who get *N*P, it's like I feel an immediate bonding with them.

I'm curious to see what you get if you ever have the time.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

AnonymousDIL

Codependency and narcissismNarcissists, with their ability to "get others to buy into their vision and help them make it a reality," are natural magnets for the "'co-dependent' ... [with] the tendency to put others's need before their own".[8] Sam Vaknin considered that codependents, as "the Watsons of this world, 'provide the narcissist with an obsequious, unthreatening audience ... the perfect backdrop.'"[9] Among the reciprocally locking interactions of the pair, are the way "the narcissist has an overpowering need to feel important and special, and the co-dependent has a strong need to help others feel that way. ... The narcissist overdoes self-caring and demands it from others, while the co-dependent underdoes or may even do almost no self-caring."[10]

This was from wikipedia (not a good "source" I know lol) This sounds like my SIL/DB.... Interesting....

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: pam1 on May 03, 2011, 05:08:14 PM
I think they are just rude lol.  And young.

Hey Adil, have you taken a Meyers Brigg personality test?  They have a lot of free ones online, they aren't always so accurate so you can look up the different descriptions.  But I think you're an intp or enfp.  lol, I don't know why I needed to tell you, but I think you're very similar to me, entp.  It's tough for women who get *N*P, it's like I feel an immediate bonding with them.

I'm curious to see what you get if you ever have the time.

ENFJ
slightly expressed extravert                               1

moderately expressed intuitive personality        25

moderately expressed feeling personality          38

very expressed judging personality                    100

That's what it says....  :-\

pam1

Hmmmm.....I think you're an NP still lol.  I know there are people who when they first take it automatically answer how they would like to be, instead of how they are.  It's not an absolute anyway, most of the time you have to get a professional to get accurate results.  A lot of people doing it on their own take several tests, multiple times and read the descriptions to get what they think they really are.  And even the time of day you take the test will reflect in your scores. 

I didn't get into it until the past year (I had work related tests before and just threw the scores aside) but it's helped me a lot in navigating my in law issues/different personalities etc.

Either way, ENFJ isn't bad lol.  None of the letters are bad.

I just know that you sound like a younger version of me.  Although I was a bit more of a knucklehead (ok, a lot more lol)

holliberri

Fellow enfj here...no matter how I rig the test.

pam1

What is it with all these enfj's following me around?  Or am I an enfj chaser?  lol

AnonymousDIL

I didn't like that it gave me 100 for "judgemental." I try so very hard to not be judgemental. Or is it because I over-analyze things to death lol

Apparently I am an "Idealist." I would classify myself more as a "Realist." I hope for the best prepare for the worst and what happens is usually somewhere in between.

pam1

lol, J isn't really judgemental.  It's more like you like to make decisions, orderly, everything has a home etc.  The flipside P is perceiving and they leave everything open-ended.  I am a huge P but I do make fast decisions when I think I need to, that's part of the NT. 

holliberri

If you are a "j" I'd wager you balance your checkbook daily.  :)

pam1

And if you're a P you have an allowance debit card  8)

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Holly on May 04, 2011, 08:08:36 AM
If you are a "j" I'd wager you balance your checkbook daily.  :)

ROFL! Well, at least every other day. And I am one of those who write it out in the checkout line! lol

holliberri