Author Topic: essential oils.....  (Read 5954 times)

cadagi101

essential oils.....
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »

Good morning lovely ladies,

I am considering starting a small home run business of fragrant soaps, bathbombs, reed diffusers etc.
I would welcome any advice from you, anything at all. 
I also need a name
If you are able to suggest a name I decide to go with, providing you want me to send to you, I will send you a selection of my goods.

thankyou very much

cadagi101

Re: essential oils.....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
Oh and I am  in outback north/ western NSW Australia.

Offline FAFE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »
I will have to put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with.

Will tell you a funny story about my DH and his soap makings.  One of his hobbies is making soap.  He's done a lot of experimenting and we give his soap to friends/family, etc.  I was having a gathering of my friends once and made up little bags of his soap and gave them all a bag.  A few days later, one friend of mine called and said "Tell Mr. J that I don't stink no mo."  So, that is our funny name for his soap making enterprise - Mr. J's Stink No Mo Soap.

I know you want something much more exotic than that though!

Offline pam1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »
That is so exciting!  Are you planning on doing a website?  I'm going to have to think on some names too, all that comes immediately to mind are corny Aussie jokes lol.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »
That is exciting... oh Julia make it a contest .. she who comes up with the best name gets a free bath bomb

Tara

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
Hi Julie,

Do you have a wholesale source for supplies?  I use a good company that has quality  essential oils, etc.

cadagi101

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »
Thankyou ladies,

yep Laurie a bathbomb for the best name and potpourrie, bathbomb, soaps and reed diffuser oil if it's the name i use!!

Now don't laugh but I am thinking of doing soaps on a rope...remember them???  I haven't seen them for years....I was also going to do an oatmeal scrub soap for gardeners that can hang outside on a tap....

Does anyone have them and hang them in the shower??    I hate gooie soaps in the soap dish.

Pam maybe way..down the track I will sell on ebay though.

Fafe that is funny dh might have a few tips then??

I look forward to hearing your suggestions

Tara i don't as yet I am just looking into a few US based companies. 

What is the one you use??

Do you make your own products??

LaurieS

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »
Thankyou ladies,

yep Laurie a bathbomb for the best name and potpourrie, bathbomb, soaps and reed diffuser oil if it's the name i use!!

Now don't laugh but I am thinking of doing soaps on a rope...remember them???  I haven't seen them for years....I was also going to do an oatmeal scrub soap for gardeners that can hang outside on a tap....

Does anyone have them and hang them in the shower??    I hate gooie soaps in the soap dish.

Soap on a rope is a huge joke in the men's bathing areas.. but we won't go there.

Are you looking for something that indicates your location?

cadagi101

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
Thankyou ladies,

Soap on a rope is a huge joke in the men's bathing areas.. but we won't go there.

Are you looking for something that indicates your location?

yes i've heard those jokes to...
yes I think encompassing the outback, yet luxurious......All in 2-3 words hmm a bit difficult.   It doesn't really have to though.

LaurieS

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 10:03:11 PM »
ok since you've heard the jokes.. how about Be-wear soap-on-a-rope for men.. you know instead of beware... ok.. bad one

cadagi101

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »
ok since you've heard the jokes.. how about Be-wear soap-on-a-rope for men.. you know instead of beware... ok.. bad one

yeah it was pretty bad but good try.....

I have just been in the garden gathering ingredients for my potpourri
Rosemary, lavender, pine nuts, cadagi seeds, seed pods of all kinds , cones, gorgeous white bark, roses, bottlebrush, Grevillia.  It is amazing what lovely seeds pods are on the eucalyptus.    I did enjoy it.     My 2 girls 14 and 18 have just left in dd car to see friends in town.    58k's on a very quiet stretch of road and they won't be home until 11.00 tonight.....dd hit a kangaroo on her maiden voyage a few months ago,,,now I will worry until they get home!!   

Offline pam1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »
Do you have any kind of icon or branding image you're going to use?  Color?  It will give me a little more of an idea to narrow it down.

i really want a bathbomb
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 07:03:34 AM »
I don't even have a bathtub and I want a bathbomb :)

Offline Pooh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
Arvo Opulence
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Offline Pooh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 07:30:08 AM »
Aussie Bliss
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell