April 19, 2024, 09:48:28 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise I must be a bit vague

Started by cadagi101, April 15, 2011, 04:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 17, 2011, 09:43:40 AM
I would have made it his 3rd favorite dinner,  just to let him know that you still aren't thrilled :)   I've noticed that my dh will occasionally question my word.. and I think at times it's just a bad habit.. it's certainly not what I think of a topic of conversation... I'm sure he meant no harm... If I came home and said that I hit a kangaroo he would have committed me, he wouldn't have questioned my story :)

I guess hitting a kangaroo  would sound a bit airy fairy to some people.    Not in outback Australia though.     We are always wary and it was my first time, dh has hit 5 in 3 years.   dh said to me, I tried to catch your eye as you drove of to say 'watch out for kangaroos"    I must be hard to please because i said "as if I need reminding" thankyou very much!!.  Any male reading this will surley be thinking 'god I'm glad I'm not married to her".   ;D ;D

LaurieS

oh so are the kangaroos running rampant like the armadillos here?  oh how about koalas do you ever get to see them?

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 17, 2011, 08:22:59 PM
oh so are the kangaroos running rampant like the armadillos here?  oh how about koalas do you ever get to see them?

Hi Laurie,

armadillos?? you can't be serious I have never seen one..arent the exstinct??

Laurie, did you PM me?? it came on my email that I had a reply to my topic from Laurie.....then I just clicked on a link and it showed this whole topic.  I can't get my head around it only to say it isn't a good idea if we will always get notification of a reply via email, only because my family  gert my emails and i don't want them to have access to WWU.  Do you know what i,m talking about????

BrokenHope

Julia

Go into your profile settings and uncheck the notify that I have highlighted in red. It will stop it from going to your private email.

Profile SMF allows you to be notified of replies to posts, newly posted topics, and forum announcements. You can change those settings here, or oversee the topics and boards you are currently receiving notifications for. 
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:  Instantly Instantly - but only for the first unread reply Daily Weekly

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:  Replies and moderation Moderation only if I started the topic Only replies Nothing at all

LaurieS

Hi Julia.. Brokenhope is correct.. here is a visual.. the steps are

Click on profile
Click on modify profile
IN the drop down box click on notifications

Uncheck all.. make sure that the bottom two boxes are clear as well...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

LaurieS

Far from extinct .. here we use dead armadillos and skunks as mile markers.. here is a little excerpt about our not so friendly little creatures: Armadillos are adaptable animals. They have few natural enemies; hunters, dogs, coyotes, and automobiles are among the chief agents of mortality.

Tara

Laurie,

your so tech savie w/these photos.

Martha Stewart is your idol?

LaurieS

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2011, 10:00:46 PM
Laurie,

your so tech savie w/these photos.

Martha Stewart is your idol?

lol not really, there is another member who really liked Martha, so I thought I'd add it..  I did laugh at one of Martha's quotes:  I have a microphone on one ankle and an ankle bracelet on the other, so I'm well balanced today.

BrokenHope

WOW!! Laurie
You explained way better then I did..
Good Job...
lol
;D

LaurieS

I just like grabbing screen shots :)

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 17, 2011, 09:59:35 PM
Far from extinct .. here we use dead armadillos and skunks as mile markers.. here is a little excerpt about our not so friendly little creatures: Armadillos are adaptable animals. They have few natural enemies; hunters, dogs, coyotes, and automobiles are among the chief agents of mortality.

I suppose i will believe you hmmm I'm to lazy to look it up on google....

Thankyou BH and Laurie for the informative tutorial, funny things can change all by themselves.   It;s all good now

pam1

Julia, have you seen a baby kangaroo?  i thought it was so interesting that they stay in the sack for a long time and they were SO tiny.  I wanted one lol
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on April 18, 2011, 06:42:09 AM
Julia, have you seen a baby kangaroo?  i thought it was so interesting that they stay in the sack for a long time and they were SO tiny.  I wanted one lol

Yes Pam they are cute but do you want the pouch to go with them? :)   Actually I saw a documentary on kangaroos and the baby is actually born shortly after conception and it has to  make it's way up the mother's stomach and into the pouch before attaching itself to a nipple... probably one of the most incredible creatures on earth.

pam1

We must have watched that same documentary lol.  i couldn't believe it, they were so tiny.

There is some show running now, My Monkey Baby.  So I want a monkey too
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Do you know how mean monkey's can be... I was amazed... trust me stick with rats... I still have two you can try on for size