April 16, 2024, 03:40:17 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Perceptions

Started by Pooh, March 04, 2011, 10:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elsieshaye

Quote from: Pooh on March 04, 2011, 12:33:06 PM
Not me, I look anorexic and had so much eyeliner on, I look like a raccoon on meth.

Green tea hurts when it comes flying out my nose.   ;D ;D ;D
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I hope you captured that and posted it on you tube

Pooh

I hope she wasn't in the middle of skyping someone....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

Hahaha, no, but my office mate did get a laugh out of it.

Speaking of things, noses and YouTube, my son's friend took a video of my son snorting tabasco sauce up his nose at a fast food place and posted it.  DS posted it on his FB, and I got to watch him deal with capsaicin-soaked sinuses (several times, because he kept pushing me to replay it over and over).  It actually was pretty hilarious.  The things you do when you're old enough to know better and young enough not to care...
This too shall pass.  All is well.

LaurieS

I agree.. and all I can say is thank goodness we didn't have a way to post our antics online.. lol.. we didn't even have online.. dang we didn't have texting or cell phones either... omg I just  realized that I had to physically roll down my car windows.. oh man I just realized that I know what a wing window is..

Hey Adil do you know what a wing  window is.. and no cheating by goggling it .. shoot we didn't have google.

holliberri

Who needs wing windows when the cars don't even come equipped with a cigarette lighter anymore?
  ;)

Of course, there is always matches.

I used to open my wing window in my old chevy when I was on the way home from work late at night...it helped me stay awake, but not freeze to death by putting the entire window down.

LaurieS

that car I test drove last week.. ok I wasn't really test driving it.. I was lying through my teeth to the salesman cause it was going to be my one and only chance to drive that car.. anyway (anywho for the other dil) I said oh what's this the ashtray... the salesman laughed he said no it's your ipod holder.  So what if you do smoke.. not that i do but if they tell me I'm going to die next week, my first stop is for a pack of cigarettes

luise.volta

Aren't they fabulous? I think my step-son carries his Cadillac Esplanade over puddles!  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama