March 28, 2024, 03:36:17 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It's Either Her or Me: A Guide to Help a Mom and Her Daughter-in-Law Get Along

Started by Rose799, February 27, 2011, 09:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Either-Her-Daughter---Law/dp/0553385941/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298825624&sr=1-4

Review
"Ellie Slott Fisher tackles the trickiest of all family relationships with wisdom, wit, and laughter.  It's Either Her or Me: A Guide to Help a Mom and Her Daughter-in-Law Get Along offers the practical step-by-step advice both women need to tackle the challenges each must face to forge respectful and affectionate family ties.  This book is a must read for mothers with sons of any age, wives/girlfriends, sisters, and the men themselves. —Leah Klungness, Ph.D., psychologist, co-author of The Complete Single Mother and co-founder of Singlemommyhood.com

Tara

Rose,  sounds good.  Did you read this?  if so what did you get out of it?

Rose799

No, I haven't read it.  For a preview, click on the cover of the book.  It looked interesting to me.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Rose,  Ok, I have ordered it.  We have a local bookstore that orders amazon books for us and cheaper, and we don't have to pay for shippping!

Rose799

I stumble now & then, but I'm doing all right.  Thanks for asking...   :)

It sounds like you're in a better place, Tara.  You deserve to be... 

Are you all set for your visitors, Luise?  Were you serious about them wearing long johns all summer?   ::) 

luise.volta

;D  Kirk arrives Wed. and will be here three weeks. Yes, I'm serious! Sending love... ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Rose799

Quote from: luise.volta on February 28, 2011, 06:09:14 AM
;D  Kirk arrives Wed. and will be here three weeks. Yes, I'm serious! Sending love... ;D

:D :D :D :D :D  That's funny!

Relay a welcome "home" to Kirk when he gets in, from all us "wild women."   :D :D :D :D