March 28, 2024, 09:17:43 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Extreme Home Makeover

Started by Pooh, February 16, 2011, 10:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I just got a mental image of the wooden stand from Charlie Brown, that Lucy sat behind with "The Doctor is In" sign above it. But mine will say "Love Lemonade".
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

LOL, maybe you can start a side business.  Like those ladies who go on the radio late at night to answer love questions. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

I always thought it would be fun to be one of those for consultants for  "ladies parties".  But I didn't think with my southern redneck dialect that it would go over to well.   "Well now...you take this thing-a-ma-jig right here..."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

what kind of refreshments do they serve at those parties

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

holliberri

I just went to one, the refeshments/party favors at those parties are NSFB (not safe for boards)... LOL.

If you can sell it in a South Philly accent, you can sell it in a redneck accent. Just sayin'!

LaurieS

Yeah what did you buy Holli ? ? ? ?   I went to a pampered chef party.. I'll show you my goodies

holliberri

To be honest, I didn't buy anything. She only accepted check or credit card. I told her I'd come back with a check and now it just  seems awkward. LOL.

My pampered chef zester just broke.  >:(

LaurieS

did you really use a zester?  I think I have one.. doubt that I ever used it..just what do you zest with it?

holliberri

A lot. I baked all the time before DD was born. I put lemon zest in my carrot cake, my fratelle, and I use orange zest for biscotti. I pobably won't need a zester until she's about 16 though. I don't see myself baking before then!

LaurieS

When that adoption goes through you can add another 16 month hiatus.