March 29, 2024, 02:22:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Looking into my monitor.. Luise are you there?

Started by LaurieS, February 12, 2011, 03:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I take, among other supplements, Lauricidin for immune system support.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

I got caught up but my eyes are tired, so I am signing off for the rest of the day. Not to worry...OK? Sending love...

luise.volta

Reading posts before I go back to bed and feeling inadequate at the moment because I obviously am.

My attempts to catch up have brought eye strain and headache. That's not anyone's fault, it's mine. My attempts to keep or restore the peace have likewise failed. Probably poor judgment on my part. My attempts to find ways to keep people from messing with each others work and continuity have also been unsuccessful. My fault again. I need to step away but that didn't work, either. It's my job and I am at present having trouble doing it well.

This is just a time of overwhelm and it is about me.

Pooh

What the?  I haven't been on for two days and no one is tattling to my Son!!!!   ;D  I am totally joking as you guys have become aware I don't get on much on the weekends cause I spend quality time with DH!!!

So sorry to hear about your eye Luise.  I am glad you had it looked at and here is HUGE thoughts, HUGE hugs and HUGE wishes for a quick recovery.  As far as everything else, you do a wonderful job and you will never be able to please everyone and can only do your best....WHICH YOU DO!!!!!!!!  MUAHHHHH!!!!!  :-*

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thanks, Pooh. (I get really jealous of you on the weekends.)  ;D ;D ;D

jill

Hope you are feeling better today, Luise, and thanks again for everything you do.

Pen

Luise, I'm glad to know you are taking good care of yourself and feeling better. Through the ebb and flow of this site you are our steadfast captain, and we can put up with you being indisposed for a couple of days if it means we get you for the long haul!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

courtney

Hi Luise, all.
Luise, I'm hoping you don't read this until you are rested and feeling much better. So sorry this complication with your eye happened to you!
  Thank you to all for this info about shingles.
Of course, never having had the virus, I couldn't fully understand the discomfort. But I have had 3 different relatives who did get shingles, and it seemed they suffered horribly.
I am going to pass along the name of that lotion to them, just in case.
  My thoughts are with you Luise to be well soon.      -Courtney

Hope

Luise,
I hope your eye is all better or at least much improved.  And you do a fabulous job managing this forum - I couldn't come close.  Keep up the great work!  You are amazing! :D
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

mariakajsa123

So glad you are on the mend Luise. Thank you for this site.Is there a page that explains what all the abbreviations mean? I'm new here and having a challenge following who is who with abbreviations.  I have another question. I have been checking to see if I have any replies to my post and I did receive one . (Thanks Pen)  Thats been it. I clicked on replies on left hand side. Is  that the correct way to bring those up ?  Sorry I'm such a novice!

luise.volta

April 10, 2011, 04:11:27 PM #42 Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:33:57 PM by luise.volta
Go to the Home page and scroll down to Resources. You will find posts there about the abreviations...all of which are new to me and were brought here by others. I especially like FOO - Family of Origin!  :D You should be able to go to your post and read the answers right under what you wrote. Please be sure to go to the Home page and Open Me First and below that Modified Agreement. Sending love...

BrokenHope

Laurie  your just way to funny.
I know I am a newbie here and this is an old post but I am trying to read as much as I can to try and get to know everyone.
Luise, I trust that you have healed and you are feeling much better now.
I just have a question about the shingles. everyone was referring to the age 60 to get this and you said it is a virus" Herpes" to be exact.
My son had shingles when he was 12. Is that unsual?
Just curious

LaurieS

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I've heard of young adults getting shingles.. while I've never known of a child who had an outbreak I know that it's possible.  The medical field says that your chances increase dramatically over 60 years of age.  While it can often be pinpointed to severe stress both physical and mental, this is not the only cause for outbreaks.