March 28, 2024, 03:29:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Looking for some good thoughts from my WWU Warriors

Started by Pooh, February 06, 2011, 01:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

That was an interesting article Tara.  I don't each much gluton, but I do some.  I don't have back issues although I have talked to a couple of people that have Lupus, and they are having major back issues.  But something to remember.  If anything comes back and I do have anything relating to the autoimmune area, I will check that book out too. Thank you.

They just called me and I am going in a couple of hours for the Thyroid scan, so baby steps, we shall see if we can rule that one out. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on February 08, 2011, 08:05:34 AM
I'd love just once getting a massage that didn't have to end up with sex.  The  thought of just paying for the massage with cash isn't all that bad is it?

Ha ha ha...ok, sometimes mine does lead to that, but not every time.  Most of the time he is just being sweet.  I can not say enough good things about my DH, I truly can't.  He truly is a prince and one in a million.  As opposed to I can't say enough bad things about my Ex!  Lol.

WAKE UP LUISE!!!!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Quote from: Tara on February 08, 2011, 08:55:57 AM
....There is a good book called the autoimmune epidemic  which I bought on amazon after hearing about it through some complementary medicine providers.  .  I have Hashimotos Thryoiditis which is autoimmune.  Lupus is autoimmune as well.

I'm Hashi's too. I find being gluten-free helps, but it's a day-to-day wild ride for me.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Bless your hearts, both of you dealing with that.  I'm so sorry.
Joseph Campbell

Tara

Pen,

thats interesting.  I've had hashimotos for a long time.
Generally I'm fine.  I recently changed medications and went
to a compounded thryoid and the change was hard, but I'm
adjusted now.  I'm making a committment to go completely
off gluten for a year as my antibodies are still really high and
there is some thought that it is gluten related according to the
functional medicine docs.  My brother went off gluten for a
year so I figured this would be a good way to get and give support
to do it. 

I ate alot of delicious chapatis in India.  Now back on the wagon.
8)

Pen

It's not as hard these days to give up gluten. There are many more palatable products on the market now for those times when you must have a yummy. Tinkyada pastas are really good and Udi's baked items are also tasty.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Tara

Thats right Pen.  We don't have Udi's in our area.

Pooh

Well that was easy...scan done and they went ahead and took the blood panel too why I was there.  So now, the waiting game...Lol.
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Waiting to hear some news. The waiting part is the hardest! My thoughts are with you!

elsieshaye

Keeping my fingers crossed, Pooh, and sending you my best vibes.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pen

Quote from: Tara on February 08, 2011, 11:16:47 AM
Thats right Pen.  We don't have Udi's in our area.

Tara, I may be a carb-enabler for doing this but...Udi's ships!!! http://udisglutenfree.com/products
-- Annie Gottlieb

Tara

Penn,  those products look pretty tasty!  also sugar lower on the ingredients list.

Barbie

Pooh,

I'm a little late reading your post but wanted to let you that I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Hugs.

luise.volta

Carb. enabler! Now there's one I hadn't heard but I can sure relate. (I just got hand-dipped chocolate-covered cashews for Valentine's Day! Lordy!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Nana

Pooh

I have been out of this site because of computer problems.  Now that I read what your going through....I feel sad but at the same time I am confident that you will be fine.   I will keep you in my prayers.  I am falling in love with your husband... he is really sweet with you.  Count your blessings.

Love you Pooh
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare