March 28, 2024, 11:47:23 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Looking for some good thoughts from my WWU Warriors

Started by Pooh, February 06, 2011, 01:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasage

I'm sending you my best wishes, my finest prayers, and my fervent hopes.  May your body improve and may you maintain your exceptionally generous spirit.  We want to have you around us always, because we love to read your thoughts and laugh at your stories and jokes.

seasage

Pooh

Thank you seasage.  I truly, truly appreciate it.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

We are in you corner rooting for yo 100%! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

I know I'm a newbie here Pooh ,but I always imagine you like your icon ...a huggable bear !
You have been really kind to me and I'm sorry for your troubles .
I receive acupuncture for my muscles every week and it helps them from becoming like rocks.
I have arthritis of the spine and all that goes with it .
Don't despair till you have the full story ....and let your DH in ,he loves you .
Sending healing thoughts across the miles ..x

Tara

Pooh,

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.  I know this is scary.
One of my best friends  has lupus and she has lived quite normal
life, but she takes meds and swims as exercise and has to carry a back jack around
to support her back when she goes to events.  I'm wishing you all
the best 

Sending love

Pooh

Thanks Luise.  No call yet to schedule everything, but I figured I wouldn't hear from them til later in the week.

LL, thank you.  I am still holding out hope that the new doc will go, "Nah, you simply have this and we will fix it."  Now I have to ask.  Does acupuncture hurt?  I can't wrap my brain around being stuck over and over.

Thank you Tara. Whats a back jack?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Pooh;
Acupuncture doesnt hurt a jolt  !
they use very fine needles ,and my muscles are sore anyway so you don't feel them going in .
It stimulates the  the natural pain killers in your muscles and helps them relax .
I hate popping pills so this kinda stops you having to take so many .
I have it every week ,and know when I miss a session .
A weekly massage would help too .
Fingers crossed for good news ..

Pooh

Thank you.  I am not a fan of needles and the only experience I have is when they did an electrical test on my nerves and poked me over and over...and dang it...that hurt!  Lol.

I am very lucky to have a DH that gives me nightly massages to help, but I am thinking a weekly one from a professional might help bunches. 
Joseph Campbell

Pen

I love acupuncture for my thyroid/arthritis symptoms. My acupuncturist also massages a bit after the session. Aaahhh....

My DH will massage me if I ask, but it's perfunctory and thus not very effective. You do whatever it takes to hang on to that man of yours, Pooh! I hope he doesn't feel like he's not appreciated if you start seeing a pro masseuse.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I will Pen...I'll just take him with me and get him one too  ;D
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Great idea! Your DH sounds more amazing with every post, BTW. My DH would rather stick acupuncture needles in his eye than get a massage.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I'd love just once getting a massage that didn't have to end up with sex.  The  thought of just paying for the massage with cash isn't all that bad is it?

luise.volta

Trying to remember, trying to remember trying to remem....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on February 08, 2011, 08:15:31 AM
Trying to remember, trying to remember trying to remem....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
funny  ;D

Tara

Pooh,

the  "back jack" my friend schleps around who has lupus is a back support device.  She has it in her car and takes it anywhere to help
with her back issues, which I assume to some degree are related to the Lupus.  Also, she found out that she is very allergic
to gluten in a serious way.  Not sure if she is celiac.  That seems to have made a significant difference for her.  But every on
is different.  Here is an interesting link:  http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/703/

There is a good book called the autoimmune epidemic  which I bought on amazon after hearing about it through some complementary medicine providers.  .  I have Hashimotos Thryoiditis which is autoimmune.  Lupus is autoimmune as well.