March 28, 2024, 06:48:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Sore and sad

Started by cadagi101, February 03, 2011, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Sorry this is so late. I just got back to my home 2 hours south. My husband drove up last night and drove me back home in minus 23 degree temps!! And we hit a love of like minus 30 last night. I fell forward on ice on januray 20th 2011. I was at my dad's house and I didn't break any bones. What I did do was injure my entire spine,,yikes! I get a ct mileagram Monday and will find out if and when they are to do surgery. My family doctor didn't have a good look on his face today and when I mentioned physical therapy to help the discs, he shook his head now.
but, I will get the advice of the neurosurgeon and get this problem fixed before it can cause parlysis.
My mom is failing, but she doesn't know I am her daughter most of the time. .I call her on the phone and right when we hand up she forgets who called. So, I am at peace with this. I already planned her funeral last week so I can be ready to just not worry so much. But, that Nd ice got me bad!!! Thanks for asking.

cadagi101

Quote from: Julia on February 03, 2011, 01:49:27 PM
Sorry this is so late. I just got back to my home 2 hours south. My husband drove up last night and drove me back home in minus 23 degree temps!! And we hit a love of like minus 30 last night. I fell forward on ice on januray 20th 2011. I was at my dad's house and I didn't break any bones. What I did do was injure my entire spine,,yikes! I get a ct mileagram Monday and will find out if and when they are to do surgery. My family doctor didn't have a good look on his face today and when I mentioned physical therapy to help the discs, he shook his head now.
but, I will get the advice of the neurosurgeon and get this problem fixed before it can cause parlysis.
My mom is failing, but she doesn't know I am her daughter most of the time. .I call her on the phone and right when we hand up she forgets who called. So, I am at peace with this. I already planned her funeral last week so I can be ready to just not worry so much. But, that Nd ice got me bad!!! Thanks for asking.

cbd asked me to post this PM for her.  Please note this isn't me (Julia) it is cbd.

LaurieS

I'm confused and it's not even early.. so this is CBD posting for Julia.. or Julia posting for CBD?

Pooh

Julia posting for cbd...keep up.  Lol.  Sorry to hear about all this cbd and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 03, 2011, 02:11:21 PM
I'm confused and it's not even early.. so this is CBD posting for Julia.. or Julia posting for CBD?

Laurie, I can see the confusion, strange how you can think you are posting something crystal clear.. and well it is early (for me) and Pooh is right I Julia recieved this PM from cbd.  She asked me to forward it to WWU.   

LaurieS

I'm following now.. and where are you if it's early for you?   For a half of a second I thought it was CBD posting through your account.. but I'm up and following..

I'm telling you people shouldn't live where it's cold.. I hear that a lot of people are injured every year due to falling on ice etc.   I hope she is ok.. she really didn't need any more on her plate right now.

luise.volta

Well, we are all in her corner! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 03, 2011, 03:18:27 PM
I'm following now.. and where are you if it's early for you?   For a half of a second I thought it was CBD posting through your account.. but I'm up and following..

I'm telling you people shouldn't live where it's cold.. I hear that a lot of people are injured every year due to falling on ice etc.   I hope she is ok.. she really didn't need any more on her plate right now.

Australia and is it hot 40 today almost unbearable we are so lucky air conditioning and swimming pool.     Have to go and drink lots of water.

Pen

Please let CDB know we're thinking about her and hope everything turns out OK.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

Australia you guys have some really amazing fences and fence materials down there that we can't get here.. I've talked to a couple of companies and they won't ship.. I probably couldn't afford to have anything shipped anyway.   

You aren't near the cyclone area are you?

cadagi101

Laurie, are you serious...have i missed something...you have written some jokes on this site ...so..fencing materials!!!!  Is this a joke!!   It's hot I have and excuse if you are thinking derrr.

I was thinking last night how I think most WW posters live in America!!     You all seem to know what each is talking about, somex's I don't have a clue.     Food, holiday destinations, hairdo advertisements, people, it makes it interesting though even if I somex's think whaaatt.     And words and phrases I just love some of them DANG comes to mind Pen!!!    I thought of starting a topic... COO (country of origin) is that a new shortcut I like it when people make up new ones.

I feel it connects WW even more  to know what there CCO is!!!  Don't ask me why I just think it would. 

Connect isn't the word to use,  because we all connect no matter where we are from and that connection is thoughts and the way we feel.   

The floods in Queensland of 2 weeks ago are tragic we are 650k's from them.   The cyclone catagory 5 was the worst in Australia's history and they have had some doozies over the years.      Total devestation.  My Mil   lives in Brisbane and escaped flood damage as she was on a hill.      I have signed up to volunteer in Brisbane for restoration,  lifeline or anywhere I can help.      It is far to hot in the office to keep typing, the aircon doesn't work after 40 degrees.      Bye now

Pen

Julia, we watched the footage of the floods aghast at the breadth of them, really tragic. The stories of people swept away were heartwrenching. It'll be a long, expensive clean up and my heart goes out to all affected. And now a cyclone? It's sort of like our Gulf Coast, one hit after another.

It would be interesting to know where all our WW are from (COO) if we could do so without compromising our privacy. I've guessed some just by the lingo or slang used, but others give no clue.

Julia, it's funny how much language differs even in countries that supposedly speak the same language! It's interesting but confusing. I don't think anyone at WWU will be offended if they're asked to clarify something. Even throughout the US we've got idioms and sayings that differ from region to region. McDonald's may be everywhere, but slang continues to be fairly regional. Throw in all the accents from different regions and you need a translator.

And if you're from the US southwest, don't order "Tex-Mex" food in the northern states, you'll be sadly disappointed, LOL (translation: "'Tex-Mex' [portmanteau of Texas and Mexican] is a term used to describe a regional American cuisine that blends food products available in the United States and the culinary creations of Mexican-Americans influenced by the cuisines of Mexico." from wikipedia) I don't know what they do to it up there but it's way different ;D

Stay cool...
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I am from the South and have the thick redneck accent to go with it.  So my worst time when I visit my relatives up North, is getting sweet tea.  The last time I ordered it, they brought me a glass of wine.  I was like, "What the heck?" and the waitress said, "You ordered Asti."  Doh!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

To CDB
I am sending you a whole bunch of hugs and prayers that all works out for you...

Julia, thanks so much for posting, CDB's note to us, and also, thanks so much for being our Aussie Friend and for keeping us abreast....yes, it's been awful for those who are suffering from the floods and cyclone....

Your in our thoughts and prayers....

LaurieS

Quote from: Julia on February 03, 2011, 11:23:22 PM

Laurie, are you serious...have i missed something...you have written some jokes on this site ...so..fencing materials!!!!  Is this a joke!!   It's hot I have and excuse if you are thinking derrr.

No really I was being 100% serious... You  guys have some really neat fencing and building materials that can not be obtained in the US... and I'll be honest I thought  I could find anything here.  LOL...we still don't have fence around our  pool because we can't find what we are looking for.

I use  to talk in this one chatroom where the Aussies would come in and they were a hoot... and I learned a lot.. I didn't know until then that winerys were so common...and a bum nut.. hmm am I spelling that right?