March 28, 2024, 04:51:46 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

TV Casting Director is Interested in MILs/DILs in Southern CA

Started by luise.volta, January 21, 2011, 05:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Question: I came across your website doing research for a pilot I'm casting. Your content and readers are exactly what we're looking for. We're casting daughter-in-laws that would like some help resolving issues with their mother-in-law/future mother-in-law in a positive manner with the help of our world renowned therapist for a non-airing TV Pilot. The footage will not air and the participants will be compensated $1,000 for their time. We would so appreciate it if you would please post a notice about our casting and send this on to anyone you think might be a good fit for the project. We're looking to cast a wide net and reach as many people as possible!

More information about the show is below:

NOW CASTING a non-airing pilot looking to bring families back together! We are looking for women who are tired of their marriage/engagement and family life suffering because of their mother-in-law and want to mend the relationship. Our world-renowned in-law expert can help! Please contact us immediately! Seeking women ages 18-40. Please send us your name, city of residence (must live in southern CA), how long you've been married/engaged, what MIL issues you have, and a photo of you and your fiance/husband.

Those who choose to participate will receive thousands of dollars worth of free therapy as well as $1,000 compensation.  Anyone and everyone who meets the criteria is encouraged to apply.  Have friends that need help? Tell us about it!

*Must be a legal US resident, 18+, and live in southern CA.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Krystal Whitney
castingmotherinlaws@gmail.com
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Interesting - it sounds as if they are approaching this from the DIL point of view, but I guess that makes sense since then they can cast young, nubile, gorgeous actresses instead of the old bats they'd need if they focused on us MILs, LOL. I wonder who the "world-renowned expert" is?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I think the most interesting part was that they wanted a picture of the DIL and DH/Fiance?  Why does that matter?  Do they only want attractive people?  Hmmm.....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

The industry is so weird. I'm frequently disappointed.

I remember when there were rumors about a show starting called "Survivor!" When I first heard that they were dropping non-celebrities in a deserted location to survive by any their wits, I thought, "Cool! They'll have to work together, learn about surviving in the wild and use their McGyver skills. Great concept!" Then I heard it was to be a cut-throat contest using strategy, alliances, broken agreements, etc. so that one (probably fabulous-looking) person would win. The viewing public likes intense competition and beauty rather than ordinary-looking people cooperating (bo-ring!)

This IL production could be transformational, but I suspect it's going to be the same old thing because they aren't asking to hear from MILs regarding hurtful DILs, just the DILs regarding problem MILs. We'll just have to see...
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb