March 28, 2024, 11:05:22 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Book recomendatiom

Started by cadagi101, December 30, 2010, 01:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Hi, I was just looking on ebay When Parents Hurt which was recommended on WW.   I bought one weeks ago and read it and gave it to a friend.  I found it an extrordinary book and I wanted have another one,

While looking I ordered another book which caught my eye.

WHEN OUR GROWN CHILDREN DISAPOINT US
That sound like it might be helpful reading for 99% of WWU members).

cadagi101

Quote from: Julia on December 30, 2010, 01:16:40 AM
Hi, I was just looking on ebay When Parents Hurt which was recommended on WW.   I bought one weeks ago and read it and gave it to a friend.  I found it an extrordinary book and I wanted have another one,

While looking I ordered another book which caught my eye.

WHEN OUR GROWN CHILDREN DISAPOINT US
That sound like it might be helpful reading for 99% of WWU members).

A little more info

A guide for parents of dysfunctional or inappropriately dependent grown children offers supportive advice on how to stop taking on the responsibility of caring for and fixing a grown child's problems while addressing feelings of guilt and frutrstration

Faithlooksup

Hi Julia,  Yes I also have the book When Parents Hurt and it is good.   I also have "Boundaries"  and "Safe People" ...I just ordered another one~~"In Sheeps Clothing".    I can only read so much of these books for I feel like my brain is being pulled apart in many directions.. So I stop for a while, absorb what I have read and work on that.  I sure do wish they had these books years ago.
Happy Reading.....Hugs, Faith