March 28, 2024, 10:53:23 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Got <u "Walking Papers" Today

Started by luise.volta, December 09, 2010, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Got discharged by my Podiatrist today and can wear shoes again. Healed really fast.  :(  8) :(
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

December 09, 2010, 01:29:56 PM #1 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:22:43 PM by luise.volta
See you were all worried over not a whole lot.  Just don't go back to kicking people in the rear!

luise.volta

LaurieS

December 09, 2010, 06:24:01 PM #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:25:54 PM by Laurie
lol  -- you know that stood for "artistic soft spot"  .. but don't kick their donkey either

luise.volta

Oh, Lordy! I thought it was Awful Silly Sayings! (Shows you what I know!)

luise.volta

I will get one of my kids to scan it back to me in an email as an attachment. Then I will download that into My Pictures...from there I can go to Picasa...but skipping from there to WWU looks daunting. I am 83 for heaven sakes!!! :o :o :o

LaurieS

Just a couple of well placed clicks and you'll have it.  You'll just need to practice a little, all you really need to know how to do is to copy and paste.. Kirk has the rest on this site already set up so it's been simplified.

luise.volta

///C:/Documents and Settings/Luise Volta/My Documents/My Pictures/98th.JPG

Well, here's a picture of Val on his 98th birthday but I don't know how to take it one step further to create an image here.

When Kirk comes over from Hawaii for my birthday in March, I will ask him to teach me to copy and past pictures. I can do typed stuff hitting CTRL C and CTRL V but that doesn't work with pictures. I can also click and drag but when I want to go from one full screen to another, I'm stumped.

I will ask someone to scan the two pictures of me laughing my head off at 3 and 83 and go from there. These are not learning curves...they are learning cliff! LOL!

Remember, I was born in the 1920s when we picked up the phone and "Hi Mable, I want to talk with Maude"...I'm not kidding. And my Aunt's phone number in Detroit was Fitzroy 6791! This ice for our ice box was delivered by horse and wagon and the ice was packed in sawdust.   8)

LaurieS

You've come a long way baby :) 

I  posted  under grab bag, topic "house cleaning as a release" the directions on how to post the  pictures after you've put them on a web file/photo storage site

Faithlooksup

Glad to hear your tootsies are better Luise.... :) ;) :D ;D

cremebrulee

It's good to hear you and your feet are feeling much better....sorry you had to go thru this....

Have a great day Luise.

luise.volta

I printed out those directions, L. and am still looking at them. Maybe I have them upside down. Oh, well...

Thanks to everyone. I have felt a lot of support from all of you on this aging minefield I seem to find myself on and wanted to rejoice with everyone when my Podiatrist gave me an A+.  8) Sending love...

luise.volta

JaneF

Glad to hear the good news about the feet Luise! Just don't go dancing any jig just yet though...give it a few days!!! 

elsieshaye

Glad you're feeling better, Luise!!
This too shall pass.  All is well.