Author Topic: Native American lessons re: expanded focus  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Pen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Native American lessons re: expanded focus
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:05:18 AM »
"In The Way of the Scout: A Native American Path to Finding Spiritual Meaning in a Physical World (1995), Tom Brown, Jr. describes how when he was a child an Apache elder taught him to use an “expanded focus,” where the task (i.e., any of life’s pursuits) is but a small part of the whole picture. When we relax an absolute focus, we become more aware of life’s flow around us, and, as a result, assistance in many unanticipated forms becomes available." from http://www.healingtherapies.info/Native-American%20Medicine.htm

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Offline luise.volta

• Global Moderator
  • Luise Volta
    • View Profile
    • Wise Women Unite
Re: Native American lessons re: expanded focus
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »
That sounds profound. We can sure get tunnel vision and from there, obsess. When I am sending out an intention for something for myself or others ...I always say "This of something better." What do I know? Thanks, Pen. Sending love....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:56:20 AM by luise.volta »
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's a quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I'll try again tomorrow." -- Mary Ann Radmacher

Offline Pen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Native American lessons re: expanded focus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »
Love back  :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb