March 28, 2024, 03:28:12 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Thanksgiving, As In Gratitude...

Started by luise.volta, November 12, 2010, 08:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

The post from Erma about "I Believe" made me think that some of us might enjoy compiling a gratitude list now that Thanksgiving is getting close. Please feel free to add to it any time you might feel grateful for something or someone. Here's a start:

I'm grateful that I am healthy and well.
I'm grateful that my hubby and pup are healthy and well.
I'm grateful that I have a safe, warm and comfortable place to live and good, healthy food to nurture me.
I'm grateful for my family, my extended family and my virtual family. (WWU)
I'm grateful for my two Websites and my Web-work.
I'm grateful that I am able to feel grateful.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I am eternally grateful that I gave birth to three absolutely perfect healthy babies.  Motherhood I thought would be challenging enough for me without health obstacles.

I'm grateful that I've been provided with everything I need in life, and that happiness is mine for the taking.

erma

adding to it luise..............

i am grateful for,

my dear family and friends
my animals
a roof over my head and food in our fridge
to be able to laugh
to able to see the insignificant tiny things in life
not taking life granted
remembering where i came from
remembering i have choices
knowing somebody loves me
i can love myself
i can love others for who they are
freedom
and those little tiny bubbles that tickle from champage
and who ever invented chocolate
::) 8) ;D

barelythere

Quote from: erma on November 12, 2010, 09:25:26 AM
adding to it luise..............

i am grateful for,

my dear family and friends
my animals
a roof over my head and food in our fridge
to be able to laugh
to able to see the insignificant tiny things in life
not taking life granted
remembering where i came from
remembering i have choices
knowing somebody loves me
i can love myself
i can love others for who they are
freedom
and those little tiny bubbles that tickle from champage
and who ever invented chocolate
::) 8) ;D

I love this.  Whoever did invent chocolate in any form, thank you!  Love it all, creamy and fudgey, especially. 

I'm thankful I can laugh most of all.  I'm so grateful that no matter what happens, I can turn it into something I can laugh about.  Remind me to tell you all about the lady who sang last week with 35 different hats, each one representing a different movie tune.  :'(  I thought I was going to die.  It was one of those ladies meetings and she was the entertainment.  Every hat represented a different song.  Her voice was in the upper stratosphere, kind of ear piercing. :'(   She was my age or older...I think older.

No one was listening to her because we were at tables and chatting with our friends so she screamed out loud to about 100 women that she was leaving after this one last song and we had not behaved!!! :-[  She had 16 or so hats to go so she sang her last song and huffed off in a corner like a three year old. 

Ok, you don't need to remind me now.  I've already told it.

erma

oh, another thing im greatful for is the feeling you get when you pull a freshly tumbled clean warm blanket from the dryer and hold it close to you........................... :)

FAFE

I'm so very grateful for the brand new baby girl who has come into our family through adoption.  Daughter and SIL took her straight home (condo in another state) and were absolutely pros at taking care of her.  She turned 4 weeks old yesterday and my goodness what changes she has made into our family.

I am also grateful for my grandson, even though I don't get to see him but 2 or 3 times a year.  They live 12 hours from us and his parents are usually so incredibly busy that sometimes it's not convenient to visit.

I am grateful for this site and am learning something new every day.

I am grateful for my husband of 39 years  and that we are both retired, don't owe a bunch of money and can do pretty much what we want to.

I am grateful for all the service people in the US and their allies who work at keeping us free. 

Barbie

I am grateful for so many things, these are just a few:

My wonderful parents and sister who are now angels watching over me
My wonderful husband
My three beautiful children
Our health
The wonderful stress-free life that I so enjoy
My friends

dablacks

I am grateful for having Life.
I am grateful that I am becoming wiser with age
I am grateful that I can spot a good person really fast
I am grateful that I am becoming less and less needy
I am grateful that I know that some things will never change
I am grateful that when I make a mistake, I know why
I am grateful for living my life to the best of my ability
:) :D ;D 8) :P :-*

dablacks

Wanted to share this great quote from a great woman!

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.

Agatha Christie

Marilyn

I am Grateful i am healthy
I am Grateful for my friends and family
I am Grateful for my home
I am Grateful for my job
I am Grateful for WWU
I am Grateful for healing and growing
I am Grateful for the ability to care about others

And most of all Grateful for an Awesome God

Tara

Hey BarelyThere,  You are here.  I know Laurie was looking to connect with you and then I was too.  Good to see you on
the forum.  Hope you are well.

A few gratitudes:

Getting to make a 'once in a lifetime'  spiritual pilgrimage in India
My health
My hubby
my DS (even if he is quite difficult) and step children and grandkids
my community of friends
being blessed to live in a sweet and culturally rich town
my spiritual teachers
having great resources when I need them for consultation, health concerns, etc. etc.
that I haven't eaten white sugar since June 3

Tara

Oh last but certainly not least Wise Women United

Pooh

I am grateful for my loving, patient, kind hubby.  And for God to give me the wisdom to try again or I would have missed out on great happines.

I am grateful for my health, my hubby's health, my children's health and my family's health.

I am grateful that I still have both of my parents and that I appreciate them.

I am grateful that I have a job and security, where many don't.

I am grateful for my friends and their tolerance of each other's differences.

I am grateful that my YS has been kept safe in his military training.

I am grateful to all the servicemen and women that give and have gave up their freedom, to protect ours.

I am grateful for this forum, and all the wonderful women that are part of it.

I am grateful for laughter.

And most of all, I am grateful for forgiveness.  Our ability to receive it and give it.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

I am grateful for my family
I am thankful  for my sorrows because they made me more human and humble.
I am thanful for being able to laugh...inspite of hardship
I am thanful because I have someone to love and lean on
I am grateful for my proven friends....who are always there for me
I am grateful for my golden years....because it brought peace and  grandchildren to me
I am thanful for bumping into this site....because it has enriched my life.....(thanks Luise and Wise ladies)
and the list goes on

Happy Thanksgiving ....to all of you.....love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Scoop

I'm grateful that Thanksgiving is in early October in Canada!  It's too cold now and too close to Christmas!

Also, I'm grateful that it's going to be SUPER quiet at work because most of our customers are American and they will be at HOME.