March 29, 2024, 05:21:33 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

A learning experience

Started by Rose, October 10, 2010, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Quote from: jill on October 16, 2010, 08:22:41 AM
Hi Creme,
I love reading your posts and find comfort and strength in your advice.

Jill
Thanks so much, it's nice to hear that...that is very kind of you to say...

Annie123

Creme ,
  Do you have many Grand Children? If so do they all live far away? I've been so lucky thus far, the furthest mine have lived from me is an hours drive. And I make it often. LOL  ;)

cremebrulee

Hi Annie, Only one and she is a doll baby...miss her and DIL and son.  Spoke with them today though, they're doing great.

Annie123

Quote from: cremebrulee on October 16, 2010, 03:41:24 PM
Hi Annie, Only one and she is a doll baby...miss her and DIL and son.  Spoke with them today though, they're doing great.
  Oh, I just bet she is!! My Sister-In-Laws grandchildren all live a good piece away from them. She misses them very much. They are only lets see.. I think one set is about 7 hours away and the other set about 9 hours away driving time. But her and her DH(BIL)jump in that Jeep and go see them babies pretty often.  :D

Pen

No GC yet, but I find Skype to be a great tool for seeing &  hearing far away relatives.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb